At Amazon we’re constantly looking for leaders who can invent, think big, have a bias for action, and who want to deliver for customers, those principles look very familiar to the men and women who served their country in the armed forces. And also their spouses.
Due to Amazon’s constant and sustained growth, we need strong, dynamic leaders who can harness the skills developed within the military to make a significant impact on the business.
We are looking for Area Managers to join our vast fulfillment and operations network, in various locations across the UK.
You’ll be responsible as a leader for one of the main teams in your FC or for the day to day operations in a Delivery Station or Sortation Centre. Along with your peers, you’ll ensure that all workflows run smoothly and that customer expectations are met, if not exceeded.
In the logistics team you enter and lead, we’ll be entrusting a team of approximately 80 to 120 associates to you (up to 250 in peak). You’ll drive the training and integration of your team, while motivating and inspiring forward progress. All the while, you’ll exercise good judgement, making sure progress and critical metric targets are worked towards and met.
While you achieve this, you’ll ensure motivation, engagement and performance:
· You’ll need to safeguard your team’s safety, promoting Amazon’s Health and Safety standards,
· You’ll lead cross-functional teams, tasked with solving operational problems,
· You’ll uphold Amazon’s high standards of process quality,,
· You’ll strive to improve and streamline processes,
· You’ll actively share and promote best practices with your colleagues and network,Primary responsibilities:
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary and stock units, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
There are other, more intangible rewards too. Like our commitment to your development, a refreshing lack of hierarchy, the chance to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, plenty of team spirit and an informal atmosphere – suits and ties are few and far between.
Operations make sure we live up to our promise: to deliver Earth’s biggest selection of products around the world come rain, hail or snow. We want to be a company where customers from every country will recognize, value and trust our products and our services. But getting the right product to the right place at the right time – every time – is no easy task.
Explore our website – check out the stores, read some customer reviews and learn about our programs. You can also visit our investor relations and PR sites to have a look at our last annual report and read recent announcements about partnerships and product launches.
Yes, we’ll expect a lot of you and we’ll stretch you constantly with all sorts of challenges. But you’ll never feel like you’re going it alone. We’ll give you all the help you need to do the best job possible and encourage you to develop every day. Plus you’ll be part of a supportive team, working with colleagues, learning from them and collaborating to get the job not just done, but done brilliantly. And with all of us behind you, you’ll achieve more than you ever thought you
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
· Excellent oral and written communication in English.
· You have excellent analytical skills that allow you to interpret complex information, support decision-making, and develop clear and concrete action plans
· You are dynamic, lead from the front, believe in servant leadership, and are hands-on
· You know how to handle ambiguity and make quick decisions,
· You have the aptitude to train, motivate and persuade.
· Business fluency in a second language (German, Polish, Czech, Slovakian, Italian, Spanish, or French)
· For certain roles experience of leading large teams of people will be an advantage.
· Master’s degree or equivalent