US Benefits and Stock
The perks of being an Amazon employee don't stop at collaborating with great people on exciting and innovative projects. We also offer a full range of benefits that support you and eligible family members, including domestic partners and their children. These benefits include health care coverage, ways to save for the future, and other resources to improve your well-being.
US Benefits and Stock
The benefits on this page apply to regular, full-time employees.
Amazon’s benefits can vary depending on location, the number of regularly scheduled hours you work, length of employment, and job status such as seasonal or temporary employment.
Our Medical plan options give you the flexibility to select the right health care coverage for you and eligible family members. Choose from several plans, including a Health Savings Account (with employee and employer contributions), and multiple network providers for the best care in your area. You can also enrol in Dental and Vision plans as well as Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care.
- Amazon’s 401(k) plan provides you with an opportunity to defer compensation for your long-term savings and includes a company match. The plan offers a variety of investment options to help you reach your financial goals.
- Company-paid basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance with the option to enrol in additional coverage for you and your dependents.
- Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
At Amazon, you have the opportunity to become an owner of the Company through the granting and vesting of Restricted Stock Units. RSUs are a key part of our carefully designed total compensation philosophy to help us attract, motivate and retain employees of the highest calibre, like you.
Network of Support
Amazon cares about your health and well-being, both on and off the job. The following benefits are available at no cost to help make life a little bit easier.
- Amazon’s free Employee Assistance Programme provides confidential 24/7 support, resources and referrals for every aspect of work and personal life.
- We offer online resources for parents whose children struggle with developmental disabilities, as well as help finding child and elderly care referrals and assistance.
- Employees have access to financial counselling, estate planning and other services in the event of a life-threatening illness or death.
Amazon offers adoption assistance for eligible domestic and international adoption expenses including attorney fees, court costs, and travel.
Maternity and Parental Leave
Amazon offers a range of fully paid Maternity and Parental Leave options for parents before and after the birth or adoption of a child. This includes our industry unique ‘Leave Share’ option and a flexible return-to-work programme known as ‘Ramp Back.’ Parental options require at least one year of continuous service by the date of a child’s birth or adoption placement.
Regular time away from work is essential for employees to recharge and renew. Employees earn paid time off in addition to company paid holidays.
Amazon.com Employee Discount
Employees receive an annual discount on products sold and shipped by Amazon.com.
The Amazon Career Choice Programme is an innovative programme offered to hourly employees. The programme pre-pays 95% of the cost of tuition, textbooks, and related fees so employees can focus on their studies and not the expense. Career Choice allows employees to develop in-demand skills for professions of the future, including medical technicians, paralegals, robotics engineers and solar panel installation professionals. Learn more.