External job description
Amazon teams in India work on complex business challenges to innovate and create efficient solutions that enable various Amazon businesses, including Amazon websites across the world as well as support Payments, Transportation, and Digital products and services like the Kindle family of tablets, e-readers and the store. We are proud to have some of the finest talent and strong leaders with proven experience working to make Amazon the Earth’s most customer-centric company.
At a strategic level, our development team will be instrumental in shaping the product direction and will be actively involved in defining key product features that impact the business.
This job role part is of diversity hiring event - WoW2020 and We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Development Engineer who can build innovative and mission critical system software applications and tools. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and development of consumer products. You will be responsible for delivery and support of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications and tools.
Ability to design and code right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
Drive best practices and engineering excellence.
Work with other team members to develop the architecture and design of new and current systems.
Work in an agile environment to deliver high quality software.
Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad & Delhi
· A Bachelor’s/ Master's degree with >6.5 CGPA in Computer Science/Information Science Engineering or equivalent combination of technical education.
· Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
· Good software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
· Experience with mobile technologies (native/hybrid) a plus
· Experience with distributed systems, algorithms and relational databases
· Software development experience in building highly scalable applications
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Bachelor's/ Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· Excellent coding & problem solving skills
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to think about problem statement and build optimal solutions