Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced marketer who can build the strategy and execution for engagement programs in the Public Sector. These programs target decision makers in government, education, and non-profits, and take into account how they interact with policy makers and industry influencers. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in AWS, a subsidiary of Amazon.com and a global leader in Cloud Computing.
In this role you will be responsible for accelerating business growth through delivering differentiated and high-impact programs for decision-makers and influencers who are at different phases of their journey with AWS. You will be responsible for the Public Sector strategy, including both digital and in-person engagements, implementing globally developed programs and campaigns while adapting them to Public Sector nuances. As well, you will leverage best practices to develop specific engagement opportunities for Public Sector leaders.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the Public Sector, and specifically the persona of leaders within it ranging from traditional technology leaders like the CIO or CTO to agency directors, university and university-system presidents, and government officials. You will use this knowledge to effectively build the right content, agendas, and experiences that attract this influential audience.
You will need to balance communicating AWS technology that differentiates us with business impact focused messages which executives can immediately understand and take action on in their pursuit to transform their organizations. The top level goal is to gain mindshare and positive perception, and build deeper relationships with these key executive decision makers and influencers.
You will work closely with our subject matter experts from global executive programs, as well as other cross functional teams including enterprise strategy, services and business development teams in an advisor capacity to help guide the message or content needed to support these intimate, high-touch engagement programs. You will also work closely with field sales and marketing, and with leadership to ensure alignment around goals and integration into the overall go-to-market strategy, and to ensure these programs can be leveraged at different phases of the sales cycle to accelerate business growth.
This is a senior-level hands-on position that is perfect for a skilled marketer who enjoys developing, curating, and advising around programs and content targeted at the audience.
· 7+ years or equivalent of relevant experience in enterprise or audience , including programs, briefings, communication and content development.
· Experience working with Sector and/or Policy groups
· Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or relevant field of study.
· Experience managing programs in support of a mid-to-large scale, multi-geographical, high-growth sales organization
· Experience building programs and content, and B2B contact management
· Demonstrated success in event management, program management and project management.
· Demonstrated success in digital content development and distribution.
· Ability to travel and ability to work independently and autonomously.
· Proven knowledge of industry tools, such as SalesForce and Marketo.
· Experience within the sector.
· Experience in B2B technology products or services strongly preferred.
· Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
· A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and proven success delivering measurable results at a global level.
· Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables.
· Skilled negotiator with proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget.
· Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
Position may be located virtual United States only.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.