Do you enjoy building teams and solving the most complex and large-scale database challenges in the world today? We’re looking for a technologist to lead a team of passionate Solutions Architects.
At Amazon, our vision is to be earth’s most customer-centric company. This is a new role in Australia, where you’ll build and lead a team technical advisors. You’ll be part of a wider, global team of Database Specialists whose goal is to help customers and partners migrate their Database and Analytics solutions to the cloud.
Using your interpersonal skills, you’ll guide Solution Architects on how to earn the trust of customers and build on that trust by helping them succeed and accelerate. As an enthusiastic technology leader, you will love what you do. This role involves building, developing and mentoring the team. This includes helping them solve new business problems using cloud technologies.
Being part of a wider team, you will collaborate with AWS sales, business development, solutions architecture and product teams. You’ll help ensure we have the right people in place at the right time. You’ll be involved in educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse set of enterprise customers.
You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make key contributions to architecture discussions. This involves regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
You’ll also provide global thought leadership on Database solutions. This includes contributing to external publications such as the AWS Big Data Blog, Whitepapers etc. Other duties include :-
· Design Customer Solutions, collaborating with AWS field sales, presales, training and support teams
· Devise Strategy for AWS operational territories and key accounts.
· Enable our customer and internals teams, upskilling their Database capabilities through training sessions
· Partner with business development and account management, ensuring customer success in building and migrating to AWS
· Drive the AWS platform development by aligning customer requirements with AWS service teams’ roadmaps
· Partner with the sales teams and service teams formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives
Watch this short video (https://bit.ly/359njA7) to find out what it’s like as a Solutions Architect Manager at AWS.
What if I don’t meet all the requirements? That’s okay! We hire people who have a passion for learning and are curious. You will be supported in your career development here at AWS. You will have plenty of opportunities to build your technical, leadership, business and consulting skills.
Your onboarding will set you up for success, including a combination of formal and informal training. You’ll also have a chance to gain AWS certifications and access mentorship programs. You will learn from and collaborate with some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today.
· Relational Database implementation, operations and/or solution deployment experience in a business-critical, high-availability context.
· Ability to successfully lead engagements with large-scale customers.
· Comfortable engaging with senior and executive level management and capacity to map a customer’s business needs to technology solutions.
· Experience articulating the business value of technology solutions and managing team of customer facing technical professionals / consultants.
· Experience developing application architectures to meet business requirements in complex environments (including cloud solutions and virtual platforms)
· Demonstrated commitment to thought leadership and community engagement
· Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
· Understanding of implementing database cloud services, application, server, and / or network security
· AWS Certifications
· Executive speaking and presentation skills – Formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
CULTURE AND COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION, DIVERSITY & EQUITY
At AWS, we don’t mind being called “peculiar.” We see beauty in simplifying the complex, and we’re comfortable being misunderstood for long periods of time. That might sound unorthodox. We believe in removing obstacles so builders can build which is why our people enjoy working in AWS.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
We’re passionate about supporting the needs of our people and their family. This may include:
· Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
· Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
· Flexible workplace: flexible daily working hours, we value work-life-harmony
· Amazon Employee Discount on product and services
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Want to Come Build the Future with us? Don’t wait, apply today!