Are you customer-obsessed and interested in Speech and Language Understanding? Do you find creating cutting-edge voice control exciting? If so, the Alexa Speech team in Toronto, Ontario,is looking for a talented engineer to help revolutionize our voice-forward experience. Alexa is the Amazon service that powers the groundbreaking Echo family of devices, Fire TV, tablets, third party Alexa providers, and cars. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; we are inventing the future.
As part of the Alexa Speech team, you will be responsible for evolving Alexa to be ubiquitous in all devices and in all locations. Customers need not worry about internet connection status, which device is in use, or where data is stored. The goal for our software, the Alexa Hybrid Engine, is to provide a core set of on-device functionality for the Alexa experience, so that customers will gain trust that Alexa is always available.
You’ve found the right team if you are a passionate software engineer with experience building innovative, mission critical applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make an impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
We’re working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
· At least 5+ years work experience
· Expertise in Java, C++, or a similar modern programming language
· Solid experience in data structures and algorithms
· Obsession with quality, operational excellence, and customer experience
· Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment
· Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
· Experience building embedded systems
· Practical experience implementing Machine Learning systems
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
· Graduate degree
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.