Head, Worldwide Business Development - Airport Industry
Amazon Web Services
Do you want to be a key part of a team focused on increasing the reach of cloud computing across stakeholders in the airport industry? Do you have the industry background, technical depth, and business development skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the industry? The airport industry is working to improve consumer experience, grow revenue, and protect margins. Increasingly airport operators are looking to the Cloud to modernize operations and improve resilience. AWS is looking for a worldwide Business Development leader who understands business trends impacting the industry, and is passionate and capable of driving market development across the sector globally.
Your responsibilities will include engaging with key Industry customers, engaging strategic Industry partners, attending and speaking at Industry events, leading the process to enable Industry solutions, and creating significant new business opportunities for AWS. You will enable the AWS sales teams selling to Industry accounts to drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects to develop and promote cloud patterns and solutions for the Industry, including partner based solutions. You will work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid adoption by Industry customers.
The ideal candidate will have a business development or consulting background, experience working with airport operators at the CxO/VP level, with a good understanding of legacy and emerging Industry solutions. You should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the Business Development team to drive overall AWS market and technical enablement strategy for the airport industry.
· Define and execute on a strategic market development plan and ensure that it aligns with the AWS strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, product teams, marketing, partner team, legal, support, etc.).
· Define and size segments, identify and engage key customers, and identify and engage key partners including ISVs and system integrators.
· Build business development pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners.
· Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for the airport industry.
· Understand and be adept at using salesforce.com together with other data and analytics tools or systems.
· Present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach in the Industry.
· Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with legal teams.
· Handle a high volume of engagements and interactions in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
· 10+ years of business development, consulting, product management, or solutions development experience in or selling to airport operators or suppliers.
· 7+years of experience with transactional and operational systems in the airport industry.
· 7+years of relevant domain knowledge of systems and applications and technology provider landscape in the airport industry with ability to go deep enough on relevant technologies key to the industry.
· 10+ years of relevant work experience.
· The right person will be analytical and data-driven, and demonstrate balanced strategy and planning, and execution skills.
· Education: technical background with Computer Science/Engineering/Math is a plus
· Strong leadership skills are key, with proven verbal and written communications skills.
· Experience in cross-functional roles, demonstrated ability to manage effectively across matrix organizations and lead through influence.
· Working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking / database systems / core distributed computing concepts / fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization / storage systems / Analytics / emerging paradigms like IoT, Machine Learning, etc. highly desired.
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for New York, NY.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.