Alexa Shopping is a product that millions of customers use every day to capture in-the-moment shopping needs at home, on the go, and at work, now more than ever before. The Customer Engagement team is at the forefront of this innovative space and we create unique and delightful voice shopping experiences that drive engagement and convenience.
We are seeking an Engineering Leader to join the Alexa Shopping Customer Engagement team. In this role, you will own high value initiatives that drive customer engagement, including the Alexa Deals and Incentives programs and their expansion. Your deliverables will directly impact executive leadership team goals and shape the future of voice shopping. You will work with multiple teams across Amazon to influence the overall technical direction for optimal outcomes that help shape and deliver, delightful end customer experiences. You will own the worldwide technical readiness for peak events (e.g., Prime Day, Black Friday) for Alexa Shopping including driving org wide technical readiness surveys, orchestrating game days, and communicating with senior leadership on the overall technical preparedness of the organization. You will define and drive the top operational and engineering excellence priorities for the Organization. You will influence the Org to adopt best practices, mitigate risk and ensure that the Org is measuring and tracking to the right set of OE & EE goals.
You will have the freedom to experiment, improve and invent on behalf of our customers. Most importantly, you will work for a strong leadership team that optimizes for your growth and pairs you with personalized mentors within and outside the organization, to guide your career.
· 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
· Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
· 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· Strong Computer Science Fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Proficiency in Scrum/Kanban methodologies for Agile software development
· Masters or Doctorate degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
· Proven track record of building and operating complex software systems and services at scale
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to partner with business teams to shape requirements, define product features, and drive technical strategy.