If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, we might be your perfect match. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like its day one. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and in the future, and you could be part of it…
Here at Amazon we are currently looking to hire an experienced 3PL Manager to join the team and play a role in the overall management for UK External Fulfillment. The role will be responsible 3PL building operation and will report to the 3PL country manager for UK.
The role includes the overall interfacing with each 3PL provider and being the main POC for all internal teams such as Transportation, Retail and Supply Chain. The main tasks will be management, control and direction for EF operations. The main objective is to continuously improve the level of service that the 3PL provides to our customers.
If possible, given the COVID19 situation, the 3PL Manager will be trained in Italy.
· Responsible for managing and controlling performance, cost and capacity of external fulfillment logistics provider (3PL)
· Monitor and analyze customer experience and delivery performance. Maintain and develop KPIs and SLAs with 3PL.
· Contribute and lead major projects within the External Fulfillment / Supply Chain / Transportation to support business and selection growth.
· Contribute to process improvements and cost optimization initiatives in collaboration with the UK Fulfillment Operations, Supply Chain, Retail, Customer Service and Transportation management.
· Contribute to contract negotiations with our external fulfillment partners.
· Prioritize projects and software feature requests, evaluate and set stakeholder expectations.
· Develop and maintain communication processes to ensure smooth and efficient flow of accurate information across Amazon’s Retail and external fulfillment teams.
· Operations leadership experience in a fast-paced process driven manufacturing, production or distribution/logistics environment
· Fulfillment operations knowledge preferable in a 3PL environment
· Good data analysis skills - Ability to produce, interpret and draw conclusions from data
· Good computer literacy: Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word
· Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position.
· Business case decision-making, problem-solving capabilities and attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels
· Team player who can facilitate successful project work, operating to deadlines
· Fluent English is essential
· Availability to travel 50% of the time
· Degree in a Science or Logistics based discipline or MBA
· Dedicated to deliver projects within scope, time, budget and quality
· Solution-driven approach to systems & processes
· Experience with analytical tools such as data warehouse tables; SQL / Visual Basic
· Practiced working knowledge of Lean techniques such as Kaizen or Six Sigma