The WHS Manager will be responsible for partnering with a regional operations team in our HUB logistic network to execute company policies and ensure to all applicable local and regional regulations. By leveraging lean principles and tools like Kaizen events, this individual will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our Associates.
The WHS Manager must demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the Operations Team and influence change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and data . The WHS Manager must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. This individual must instruct and train Operations Leaders in company policies and help develop effective leadership. The WHS Manager will assist and support the regional teams in incorporating our standards at their sites. The WHS Manager will be required to identify best practices and incorporate these best practices into our standards to continuously improve company policies. The WHS Manager must understand systems, and possess excellent program and relevant , environmental and ergonomic knowledge while demonstrating this expertise when working with Operations.
WHS Manager Responsibilities:
· Be an effective manager and leader who is proactive and challenges the organization to continually improve processes and results without compromise.
· Provide guidance and oversight to ensure to all applicable Amazon Policies.
· the regions and sites’ performance against published requirements in policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
· Ensure record keeping and data integrity and provides Operations with accurate reporting and to support business initiatives.
· Deliver quality projects on time to Operations.
· Analyze and review weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to justify the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the risk is highest.
· Analyze Global Peer Review results and develop and implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury at other facilities.
· Maintain accurate recordkeeping practices and Global Database entries to ensure to global standards and local regulations.
· the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent.
· Spend time at the facilities and seek input from Associates and leaders on program improvement opportunities. Ensure open communication on status of progress and resolution against these suggestions.
· Work with both the operations team and the UFF WHS team to reduce injuries at the delivery stations.
· Ensure site leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required training.
· Review for effectiveness the deployed tools and revise to ensure continual improvement.
· Partner with corporate and other regional field personnel to leverage global and environmental best practices into NA network standards
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), stock based awards, growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment.
· 5+ years of increasing responsibilities in and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations
· Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
· Experience leading change in multiple site environments or a fulfillment center.
· BS/BA in environmental, ergonomics or a related field required
· Must be willing to travel up to 50%
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with Directors and VPs
· Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies based on broader organization goals.
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us