Would you like to help build the AWS Cloud Computing business in the Department of Defense (DoD)? Would you like to be part of a growing team focused on cloud transformation and adoption of Amazon Web Services by engaging with key DoD customers, systems integrators and solutions providers who are reinventing their IT strategies?
As an Account Manager for Amazon Web Services (AWS) on the DoD Team, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services.
In this role, you will:
· Develop a growing book of business across the Joint DoD community.
· Drive business and technical relationships and close business at a rapid rate by helping to define, identify, and pursue key opportunities.
· Establish deep business and technical relationships through your knowledge of the customer’s mission and the environment.
· Have day-to-day interactions with these agencies.
· Have both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at senior military and civilian levels.
· Have a technical background that enables them to easily interact with staff officers, contracting officials, software developers, and architects. Have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
· Be able to travel as necessary.
· Position can also be based out of VA, MD, PA and DE.
· This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· 5+ years of Information Technology quota-carrying sales experience
· 3+ years selling to DoD
· 1+ years experience with the fundamentals of cloud computing with the ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between Cloud providers
· 1+ years experience and relationships with Federal Systems Integrators and Business Partner ecosystem supporting DoD
· Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required
· 5+ years experience working within the software development and cloud computing industry
· Masters Degree and/or Computer Science or Math background
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.