Do you have global technology consulting experience deploying technologies, platforms and solutions in the Transportation and Logistics (T&L) industry? Do you have extensive technology experience and skills to deliver AWS platforms, technologies and infrastructure solutions to Global Transportation and Logistics customers? Would you like to be part of a cross-functional team focused on increasing technology adoption of cloud computing by engaging with technical leaders, C-level executives and influencers at all levels across the Transportation and Logistics industry?
At AWS, we are hiring a Global Transportation and Logistics Principal Consultant into our Professional Services team focused on cloud computing technology to help develop, deploy and drive new platforms, solutions, working directly with our Business Development Teams, AWS Partners and global Transportation and Logistics clients.
The position requires a blend of skills including strong business acumen, Cloud Infrastructure Architecture, and Enterprise Applications knowledge. The also requires a keen understanding of the Transportation and Logistics industry to include; airlines, airports, ground transportation, and travel services. This position will also be responsible for understanding the use cases for the Travel industry and developing the AWS-based technical solutions that address our customer’s needs. This includes use of, and/or integrations with, third party solutions as well as developing reference architectures specific to the Travel industry that highlight the use of AWS services in partnerships.
The ideal candidate will have a business development or consulting background, experience working with T&L customers at the CxO/VP level, with a good understanding of legacy and emerging technologies in the T&L industry. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must. They will have strong relevant T&L industry and technical experience combined with exceptional people skills.
AWS Principal Consultant:
· Deliver technology guidance, support POC’s (Proof-of-Concepts), perform enterprise portfolio assessments, review industry best practices and conduct technology leadership workshops.
· Collaborate directly with global T&L customers and partners addressing workflow performance, cloud workloads, security, compliance, scale, availability and manageability.
· Provide leadership to customers migrating existing platforms, solutions and systems using the full range of AWS cloud services. They also manage engagements and assist with non- technical change management work on policies, procedures, operations and people.
· They will acquire new technology skills and serve as trusted advisors for internal and external customers including global T&L customer architects and IT leaders.
· They will package and publish best practices and repeatable offerings to AWS Partners to accelerate their transition to cloud-based AWS services.
· Customer Engagements - Collaborate with Account Teams, Business Development, Solution Architects and other stakeholders to develop strong customer and partner relationships. Lead the design and platform adoption of major T&L customers on the AWS platform.
· Industry Leadership - Lead AWS architecture discussions, cloud operations optimization, AWS migrations, security, and integration of AWS services supporting global customer requirements.
· Support Sales Teams – Support client projects proving the value of AWS products, services and support moving to new distributed cloud environments.
· Technology Leadership - Collaborate with AWS field sales teams, pre-sales teams, training and support teams to help global Travel partners and customers successfully engage and use AWS services. Services include Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Greengrass, Amazon Simple DB/RDS databases, AI Services (LEX), AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
· Develop Partnerships – Develop technical and executive level relationships with key System Integrators (SI’s), Independent Software Vendors (ISV’s) and Managed Service Providers (MSP’s) who can help AWS drive the adoption of our T&L solutions for our customers. Support best practices efforts for all AWS and Partners
· Deliver Deep Industry Expertise - Work with global AWS professional services leadership to grow the AWS Professional Services (ProServe) Practice. Work with Business Development Teams, developing and deploying key technology solutions in the T&L vertical.
· Customer Advocacy – Understand our customer requirements and priorities to ensure they have a voice internally at AWS. Work with AWS engineering groups, technology and professional ProServe teams conveying deep technical requirements from major T&L customers and partners, driving key inputs into short-term and long-term AWS technology roadmaps.
· Deliver Value - Lead and manage delivery of a key T&L ProServe technical engagements with customers and partners.
· Industry Shows and Organizations – Support key industry trade shows, session panels, keynotes, industry groups, technology organizations and technology standards board’s directly conveying AWS corporate messaging and driving new industry wide engagements as necessary.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Customer Requirements - Understand customer requirements and scope of the project and create SOW for relevant work.
· Customer Facing - Be a part of the customer facing development team and offer value in building/helping build POCs/systems.
· T&L Partners - Work with relevant partners/vendors to help lift-and-shift or re-engineer the existing solutions for AWS as appropriate based on customer’s project requirements.
· Technical, Architecture & Code Support - Contribute development artifacts to the internal AWS Transportation & Logistics community as appropriate
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, with customers, System Integrators (SI’s) and Independent Software Vendors (ISV’s).
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services as needed.
· 10+ Years’ experience managing and delivering large-scale IT projects in the T&L industry and ability to architect the travel solution in a cloud narrative framework.
· 7+ Years’ of implementation/consulting experience, or solutions development experience in selling to the global T&L industry.
· Technical knowledge of T&L industry applications, platforms, and data ecosystem, with ability to understand future and customer needs and present Cloud technical benefits.
· 7+ Years’ experience delivering technology solutions to Global T&L customers through the scoping, selling and delivery of consulting services to enable technologies and Cloud services.
· Bachelor’s level degree or 10+ years' equivalent experience working with technology in the T&L industry.
· 7+ years of consulting experience with an IT or Strategy Consulting Firm (E.g., Big 4 Consulting)
· Thought leadership experience on relevant topics related to Transportation and Logistics Cloud-based enterprise solutions, platforms, workflows, production, post-production, storage, innovation and IT Infrastructure.
· Transportation and Logistics industry sales and delivery experience using industry standard technologies, and leading-edge technology services and solutions.
· Recent experience using AWS services in distributed environments with Key AWS Transportation and Logistics Industry Cloud Ecosystem Partners.
· Understanding of AWS Services such as IOT, Greengrass, Machine Learning EC2, and S3 and Glacier.
· Advanced degrees in engineering, math, business and/or computer science preferred.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us