To meet the growing demand for Amazon Web Services around the globe, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. The AWS Training and Certification organization educates customers, partners, and AWS Employees globally on AWS products, solutions, and best practices. We help our customers understand what Cloud Computing is all about, and whether it can be useful for their business needs.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Sr. Program Manager, Operational Excellence to drive key aspects of our centralization and standardization initiatives between our Global Delivery Operations teams across multiple geographic locations and time zones. The ideal candidate is resourceful, has the drive to take ownership of complex tasks and projects, customer-focused and team oriented, has the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders, reacts effectively to dynamic challenges in a fast-paced, high intensity environment, independently prioritize their activity to deliver the results that our globally expanding business needs, and enjoys the challenges of developing and improving processes in a dynamic organization. They are highly autonomous and have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. The successful candidate will also have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, superior attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment. Moreover, the ability to work in dynamic and ambiguous areas is imperative.
The role’s key responsibilities will include:
· Develop a Knowledge Center to provide a centralized repository for all employees within AWS Training and Certification aligned with the defined strategy
· Drive decision making based on input from global program owners and operational leaders to document processes and other critical knowledge articles relevant to the business
· Partner with critical stakeholders across various operational functions to ensure alignment on global processes and identify opportunities to reduce inefficiencies
· Define a process for on-going maintenance to knowledge housed within the central repository
· Synthesize requirements coming from many functions and demonstrating a solid working knowledge of requirements to project stakeholders and sponsors
· Define and implement metrics to measure and communicate success
· Identify areas of risk to the project scope or timeline, and escalate to program leadership in a timely manner
· Continuously look for opportunities to streamline and improve the current programs and processes
This role can be performed near any US AWS office in the following cities: Arlington, Atlanta, Austin, Ballston, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, East Palo Alto, Herndon, Houston, Irvine, Minneapolis, New York City, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington D.C., Tempe, Sunnyvale, or Santa Monica.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $107,000/yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
· Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Computer Science, or related field
· 5+ years relevant project management/program management, building processes
· 5+ years of experience working with and delivering projects cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
· Experience developing knowledge centers via Wiki, SharePoint, etc.
· Experience with basic HTML and ability to understand technological concepts and structure
· Experience leveraging technology to develop and improve processes
· Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems
· Excellent prioritization skills and workflow management
· Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success
· Excellent business writing and communications skills
· Proven track record of taking ownership, managing conflicting priorities and driving results
· Demonstrated ability to communicate with various levels of an organization, including senior executives
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
· Working knowledge of SQL and ability to create queries and analyze data
· Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and deliver results even in ambiguous situations
· Ability to collect and analyze data, including developing and reporting on metrics
· Exposure to Prince, PMP, Lean Six Sigma, or ITIL concepts is a plus
· Presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences
· AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification
** For more information on AWS, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.