Would you like to join one of the fastest-growing organizations within Amazon Web Services (AWS) and help close the global cloud skills gap, creating a world of builders and new possibilities for the AWS cloud? The AWS Training & Certification (T&C) team is looking for an experienced candidate to develop our T&C Channel Partner Program to ensure we build a global partner eco-system with coverage, capacity and capabilities to support the prolific growth of AWS.
As a manager in the T&C GTM Strategy & Programs team, reporting to the Channel Partner Programs Lead, the Channel Partner Program Manager will be responsible for the development and scaling of our global programs that support our Training & Certification channel partners, including working globally and cross-functionally to strengthen program awareness, adoption, and success. This role requires a unique combination of skills including channel go-to-market strategy, communications, data analytics as well as program design and management.
The ideal candidate has both a strategic business background, as well as a deep understanding of partner programs, partner enablement, sales, and marketing functions. You should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business challenges, and are able to build and convey compelling plans and frameworks. You have a natural ability to balance multiple projects and work within a high-growth and constantly evolving environment. You have a passion for solving complex business challenges and thrive on constantly improving the customer experience.
Primary Responsibilities Include
· Work with channel leadership and cross functional teams on the design, development, and ongoing enhancements of the channel program
· Deliver processes and tools to help drive awareness, adoption, intent, and success of the channel program
· Drive development and ongoing measurement of partner performance, and impact of the channel program on overall AWS platform adoption
· Help design, develop, and distribute channel program analytics, reporting, and dashboards
· Monitor, manage, and report on key channel program initiatives and metrics
· Provide ongoing program governance through process enhancements, and consistent evaluation and lead annual compliance review
· Manage the development, delivery, and follow up of key program improvement areas derived from an annual Partner Satisfaction survey
Open to candidates located in AWS office locations including: Arlington, Atlanta, Austin, Ballston, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, East Palo Alto, Herndon, Houston, Irvine, Minneapolis, New York City, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington D.C., Tempe, Sunnyvale, Santa Monica.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $107,000/yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Please note this position will require up to 25% travel.
· 7+ years of experience in partner programs & channel roles within the software, technology, or training industries
· Bachelor's degree
· Demonstrated experience working and communicating with multiple stakeholders and cross functional teams, including business development, product management, product marketing, program management, legal, as well as partner communities
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across organizations
· Extensive experience in a strategy role, with a passion for finding and implementing operational improvements
· Experience working within the enterprise software and/or education industry is highly desired
· Strong understanding of channel GTM Strategy, and knowledge of channel industry practices, competitive products, and research data
· MBA from a top-university, or equivalent experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us