Do you love getting hands-on with software and sharing your enthusiasm for cloud computing with the wider tech community?
The Developer Advocate for Amazon Web Services will join a creative, experienced and energetic organization that is responsible for helping to drive the development and adoption of AWS services. In this role, you’ll combine your technical skills, passion and enthusiasm with your unmatched creativity to generate grass-roots attention and support for AWS among key industry innovators and technologists in the Middle East and North Africa, as well as globally.
Ideally, you’re someone who comes from a software background and enjoys building modern applications in the cloud, but you love to be on stage guiding the broader industry towards a technology you firmly believe in. You have immediate credibility with Startups, Developers, Architects, IT Managers and / or CIOs. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so.
You don’t just want to be part of an industry movement, you want to be out front leading it.
· As a Builder, you will dive deep to deliver audience-focused technical presentations, and to curate and build actionable technical content. You'll keep your technical skills updated constantly, always maintaining a baseline understanding of the latest core AWS services, and then adding breadth and depth as required by their specialty or audience needs.
· As a Strategist, you'll keep the "big picture" in mind and always look for opportunities to maximize customer value, constantly driving efficiencies on processes and mechanisms.
· As a Teacher, you'll provide technical guidance for Builders to be successful with the cloud, simplifying the complex and tailoring your message to the needs of the audience.
· As an Ambassador, you'll build long-term relationships with Builders and their communities, feeding back insights to help shape AWS go-to-market strategy, programs and products. You'll also identify and develop external AWS advocates, helping to scale our programs.
· As an Influencer, you'll use your unique personality and authentic content to help attract Builders to AWS and keep them engaged and inspired to Build.
· Gaining industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee and speaker at AWS and third party technology conferences, shows and press events.
· Curating, developing and delivering compelling presentations, sample solutions, and discussions to help drive awareness and adoption of AWS services.
· Collaborating with internal teams to define program initiatives for technical audiences, market positioning, gathering customer feedback, and nurturing and growing technical communities.
· Creating and maintaining relevant content (demos, videos, blogs, screencasts, books, and other mediums), covering AWS services along with emerging technologies and industry developments.
· Maintaining a strong and credible presence in social media channels relevant to technical audiences.
· Working with your worldwide counterparts to share best practices and help build a best-in-the-industry developer relations organization.
· Continuing to identify leads for potential partnerships and customer opportunities.
You have some or all of the following skills:
· Strong knowledge and experience building modern applications (Cloud Native Apps, web/mobile, enterprise apps) with modern programming languages such as Java, Python, Go, .Net (C#, F#, VB), PHP, or Rust
· Superior oral and written communication skills in Arabic and English
· Outstanding public speaking, content creation, and presentation skills (in person and online), and experience working with technical communities.
· Willingness to travel and ability to work autonomously
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or a related discipline. Master's level and above is desired.
· Able to work in a diverse team
NOTE: Please ensure your CV includes links to content you've created (videos of talks, blog posts, demo code, etc) as well as details of any developer community activities.
· Significant experience (8-10 yrs) in software development and web/mobile/full-stack development; with emphasis in areas like programming, compute (serverless/containers), developer tools, frameworks, databases, and application services.
· Practical familiarity with cloud computing platforms, architecture work, systems or application design, development or operations. Existing knowledge of the AWS platform a bonus.
· Working knowledge and experience with social / online marketing coupled with prior experience in product definition, bring-to-market strategies and/ or setting an industry standard.
· A history of successful speaking engagements, online content creation, industry influence, and/or recognition in technology publications is preferred.
· Success in nurturing, engaging with, and growing large technical communities
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
“Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.”