Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day and will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
The Amazon Robotics Operations and Supply Chain organization sources and manufactures a portfolio of robotics technology and is responsible for getting the right materials to the right place at the right time to support our network of global fulfillment and transportation solutions. It’s a fast-paced operation that works cross-functionally with teams across Amazon globally, and is driven by data and metrics. The Supply Chain team is seeking an experienced EU Global Commodities Principal with a strong background in global supplier management and executing strategic sourcing plans related to scaling new and existing robotic technology.
The Principal, Global Commodities role is responsible for formulating and driving the execution of a sourcing strategy for designing, scaling, and managing our EU supply chain and network of contract manufacturers. This includes the suppliers, materials, components, and supply chain network necessary for sustaining production and new product development across multiple electromechanical commodities. The Principal, Global Commodities leads supplier sourcing and selection activities and successfully manages the supplier relationship to ensure that the supply chain is capable of delivering high quality, cost effective materials. This role will work collaboratively with multiple business functions and will be responsible for the following:
· Developing and driving the execution of EU supplier and supply chain development and scaling for multiple electromechanical commodities.
· Managing overall supplier relationships with executive level contacts, including supplier performance, capability development, capacity planning, contract negotiation and execution, risk identification and mitigation, cost reduction projects, and quality improvements.
· Collaborating with internal technical operations, hardware engineering, and program teams on supplier selection and technology roadmaps for new product introduction and/or commodity development programs.
· Developing efficient and accurate metrics mechanisms for communicating forecast and capacity requirements to suppliers for sustaining production and new products.
· Maintaining monthly supplier scorecards and conducting executive business reviews.
· Supporting the purchasing and planning teams by monitoring supplier performance and addressing supply and/or quality issues.
· Aligning supplier development strategies to Amazon Robotics objectives for sustaining production and new product development.
· Actively support and foster a culture of inclusion.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or related field.
· Extensive experience in supply chain, commodity, and supplier management in a high volume, global sourcing and operations manufacturing environment working with a global supply base of electro-mechanical contract manufacturers.
· Demonstrated experience identifying, developing, and scaling a global network of contract manufacturers.
· Demonstrated use of technical, analytical, and management skills to lead RFQ analysis and supplier selection in NPI programs.
· Ability to review and understand engineering design documents for mechanical and electromechanical parts.
· Experience developing, leading, and executing global supplier cost reduction strategies.
· Experience with contract negotiation and execution with high volume domestic and internationally based contract manufacturers.
· Highly proficient in using Microsoft Office tools.
· Ability to travel to supplier’s domestic and international manufacturing sites when normal business travel practices resume, approximately 25%.
· Master's degree in Business Administration, Industrial or Operations Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or a related field.
· Experience working with Tableau analytics.
· Experience with ERP and PLM systems, preferably Oracle EBS and Agile.
· Basic SQL skills.
· Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.