Amazon's Device and Services Design Group (DDG) is a central design studio responsible for developing products and platforms, from the Echo to Alexa Communications, and Fire TV and Tablet.
We are seeking a seasoned technical design leader who is energized to deliver design systems at scale, leading a team of production and systems designers supporting a range of consumer facing, Alexa-enabled devices. You’ll join the design studio that’s launched the Echo Show family of products, Fire TV, Fire Tablets, and the Alexa app. You will lead the team that manages shared design libraries for all of these products and produces design documentation for partner engineering teams. You will bring your expertise in system design and modern design software to lead this team as it evolves to scale to new surface areas and audiences.
The ideal candidate will be an inspiring and compassionate people leader, highly adept at developing high-performing teams. You create mechanisms and processes to deliver high quality product experiences in an effective, predictable way. You have a deep knowledge of software platforms and use that knowledge to guide your team in sustainable practices that support long-term thinking and design change over time. Your process excellence raises the bar for those around you and you use this expertise to define best-in-class execution models that consistently deliver results.
You are a sought-after advocate for design excellence. You lead with strong, hands on design and technical expertise and are skilled at developing and socializing innovative vision throughout organizations. You navigate complex organizational matrices with ease, identifying key stakeholders and developing working models for effective collaboration. You think and act both strategically and tactically: from the creation of strategic plans to the execution details.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Lead and grow a highly effective UX design production team, including design systems, design documentation, motion documentation, asset creation and delivery, Visual QA and design tooling and automation
· Work in close collaboration with product, engineering, and design technology teams to mature processes and invent new methods for delivery at scale
· Manage concurrent delivery of design documentation and production-ready assets across a portfolio of products
· 7+ years of relevant professional experience driving design production and execution for digital products.
· 5+ years of experience leading creative, multi-disciplinary teams.
· A strong portfolio of design work that demonstrates human-centered design process and business success
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Design, or a related field or equivalent industry experience
· Experience delivering design systems on numerous platforms and technologies
· Experience leading both design and technical teams
· In-depth knowledge of software development platforms and programming environments (e.g. Android, iOS, React Native, Unity)
· Demonstrated success defining and driving long term process and process improvement initiatives
· Demonstrated success leading teams in an agile environment across numerous concurrent work streams
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills across all levels of the organization
· Enjoy working and leading in ambiguous, fast-moving environments
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.