Do you want to solve business challenges through innovative technology? Do you enjoy working on cutting-edge, scalable services technology in a team environment? Do you like working on industry-defining projects that move the needle?
At Amazon, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate and build on behalf of our customers. The focus we have on our customers is why we are one of the world’s most beloved brands – customer obsession is part of our company DNA. Our Software Development Engineers (SDEs) use cutting-edge technology to solve complex problems and get to see the impact of their work first-hand.
The challenges SDEs solve for at Amazon are big and influence millions of customers, sellers, and products around the world. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about creating new products, features, and services from scratch while managing ambiguity and the pace of a company where development cycles are measured in weeks, not years.
If this sounds interesting to you, apply and come chart your own path at Amazon.
While the majority of our SDE roles are based in the greater Seattle/Bellevue, WA area, by applying to this position your application will be considered for all locations we hire in the United States. This includes, but is not limited to Nashville, TN; Austin, TX; Greater Bay Area, CA; DC Metro Area; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Greater Boston Area, MA; Greater Denver Area, CO; Greater Los Angeles Area, CA; Greater New York Area; Irvine, CA; Madison, WI; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; Portland, OR; San Diego, CA. To qualify, applicants should have earned a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree within the last six months or be on track to earn their Bachelor’s or Master’s degree prior to the role start date.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring innovative products and services to market.
· Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
· Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to innovative technologies at incredible scale and speed.
· Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.
· Design and code the right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
· Work in an agile environment to deliver high-quality software.
· Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field at time of application.
· Knowledge of the syntax of languages such as Java, C/C++ or Python.
· Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, algorithm design, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
· Previous technical internship(s), if applicable.
· Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
· Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization.
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
· Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal. NOTE: Amazon works with a high volume of applicants so we appreciate your patience as we review applications.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.