AWS is looking for a Solutions Architect to support our Federal Systems Integrator partners and shape opportunities for our government customers. This role can be located in any of the following states: VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, NC and will require regular travel to the DC area (~20%).
Please Note: The candidate must be a US Citizen. It is preferred the candidate selected have an active TS security clearance.
As a Solutions Architect within AWS, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services (e.g., Amazon Lambda, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, and Amazon CloudFront) directly with our ecosystem of systems integrators, consulting and technology partners. Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects; defining implementation architectures, responding to RFPs, developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform; and being a subject matter expert on security as it relates to customer applications and services.
On our Federal Systems Integrator team, you will provide exceptional technical design and thought leadership while working with a world class sales and business development team. You will lead efforts to capture and share best-practice knowledge with the AWS solution architect community and gain the opportunity to learn from, collaborate with, and educate some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today across the breadth of enterprise architecture.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work. We're dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
· 3+ years of hands-on network infrastructure experience (e.g.. TCP/IP, BGP, Routing/Switching, MPLS, CiscoIOS, LAN/WAN, network analysis fundamentals)
· 3+ years of architecture, implementation, consulting and/or pre-sales experience supporting Federal or regulated environments
· 8+ years of engineering experience in at least one of the following domains: enterprise IT infrastructure, data/databases, software development, DevOps, virtualization
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering/MIS, Math or related field (or equivalent experience)
· Located in or willing to relocate to VA or another Eastern US area/territory with the ability to travel up to 30% to the DC area
· ○ Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
○ Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above
· Hands-on experience deploying, managing and architecting hybrid workloads in a production environment.
· Understanding of next-gen networking technologies as it pertains to Edge Cloud Computing
· Telco experience
· AWS/Cloud knowledge is not needed, but preferred
· Prior experience in a technical role within a sales organization
· Experience working for or working with consulting companies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us