We are looking for a Head of Deals & Events who will lead the commercial and product work streams under the XCM team. This role owns the annual event commercial strategy and targets in alignment with the business and marketing goals. She/he creates and delivers the specific and strategic commercial goals for each event, planning of the customer proposition and works with deal managers and category teams across the 3 countries, owns P&L and margin targets and control, and balances the multiple inputs and implications of pricing and category mix to deliver against the set targets.
This role includes a high degree of complexity, financial risk and responsibility. The role will work across many different teams (retail, marketplace, product, finance, marketing) in driving large-scale, high risk projects during peak weeks. The role is responsible for bringing innovation, planning, operational excellence and growth to our largest shopping days and across the multiple initiatives across the year. This role requires a strong analytical understanding, the capability of diving deep into data, and the ability to deliver cohesive commercial propositions across multiple events within the year. This role is highly visible and requires a high degree of influence. You will prepare and contribute to working backwards documents, present to senior leadership team, and work with global teams.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, strong attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. This role requires an individual with strong leadership capabilities, strong commercial and financial acumen and expertise in building and managing financial worksheets. You must be comfortable working both at the strategic level and diving deep into implementation as needed (managing initiatives, writing business requirements and analyzing data).
This role is based in Dubai, UAE.
· Advanced degree in business or marketing or engineering
· +8 years’ experience working in Product/Program management, Consulting, Analytical marketing or Business management
· Outstanding verbal and written communication and collaboration skills
· Ability to think strategically and commercially while executing methodically with high attention to detail, operational excellence and ability to multi-task
· Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional and international environment, to lead by influence and earn trust at all levels
· History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
· Superior analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to interpret data and make business recommendations
· Strong on dealing with ambiguity
· Experience in category and/or program management
· Technical and analytical experience in excel (SQL a plus)
· MBA preferred