Alexa is Amazon’s ground-breaking virtual assistant designed for voice interactions. We believe voice is the most natural interface for interacting with technology across many domains.
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Program Manager (PM) to join our Operations team in Cambridge, UK. As the ideal candidate you will be flexible, detail-oriented, and have excellent interpersonal skills. You should be able to work with minimal direction, with the capacity to move quickly and be flexible, while delivering high-quality results. Having an eye for process improvement is critical as we will look to you as the Program Manager for input on how to evolve our current processes.
This role involves a wide range of problem-solving opportunities both strategic and operational, and requires the ability to form strong recommendations supported by robust data analysis. In this highly visible role, you will provide reporting and data analysis, making sense of the results for key stakeholders – these stakeholders will range from managers to engineers, and analysts to product managers.
The successful candidate will be an expert with analyzing large data sets and have exemplary communication skills. The candidate will need to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
In addition to providing valuable insight into our operations, this person will work extensively with Amazon product management teams, partner marketing teams, technical teams, and finance to help grow the business.
About the hiring group
The Alexa Knowledge team’s North Star is to answer all knowledge-related questions for customers. "Who won the football match?", "How long til Diwali?", "How old is Dresden Cathedral?" - we're constantly making Alexa smarter by helping her answer more questions like those every day. Every new question we support needs to go live fast, for all our customers around the world. The Knowledge International's north star is: Alexa is a local, not a tourist. She provides knowledge that is relevant, engaging, and trustworthy on the preferred end-point and in the language of choice. Customers easily turn to Alexa first to stay informed and entertained on international and local knowledge. Customers communicate with Alexa trusting that these interactions are private, personal, and culturally aware.
The problems we solve in Cambridge help Alexa get smarter by understanding the different ways people talk, by learning more facts about the world, and by responding in the most natural way possible in multiple languages.
You love working with data, can create clear and effective reports and data visualizations, and can partner with customers to answer key business questions. You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
· Responsible for coordinating across multiple stakeholders to drive new operational workflows and define mechanisms to inspect and influence post launch
· Define requirements for reporting operational data, customer impact, technical performance metrics, and work with technical teams and product managers to integrate into our development schedules
· Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business/operational decisions
· Develop, implement, and automate processes to collect and manage usage data from multiple sources
· Derive insights from customer feedback and usage data and provide input into new operational workflows
· Lead medium to large-scale projects related to improving existing processes or launching new processes
· Partner closely with other Program Managers and team members on protocol/process development for existing and future collections
· Continuously evaluate data collection tools and processes and offer solutions to ensure they are efficient, high quality, and scalable
· Drive engineering and integration decisions and timelines across multiple teams and organizations
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
· Preferred Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, related technical field, or equivalent work experience
· Relevant work experience in analytics, data engineering, business intelligence, market research or related field, and demonstrable professional experience
· Experience using industry standard business intelligence tools to extract data, formulate metrics and build reports
· Experience in process engineering, with an emphasis on lean / six sigma techniques
· Proven track record of successful communication of analytical outcomes through written communication, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
· Both technically deep and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within the organization
· Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects across functional teams, including engineering, merchandising, design, marketing, finance, and operations
· Experience with statistical modelling and analysing large data sets
· Additional European language exposure.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We offer a competitive salary, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount, private health care and pension scheme. We are committed to keeping compensation fair and equitable.