Shopping Design is looking for a Principal UX Designer to help us build engaging experiences that power product discovery on Amazon. Our customers want to discover, learn from, engage with and be inspired by shoppable content from the creators and brands they find most interesting. In this role, you'll be responsible for leading initiatives that close gaps or define opportunities for building an inspirational shopping experience for millions of customers.
We’d love to hear from you if:
· You enjoy diving into unknown territory and help invent simple, elegant solutions to complex design problems, often with no clear precedent in today’s world
· You are great at finding simple, elegant ways to solve for unmet customer needs within a complex space
· You are a design thinker and maker who envisions and crafts holistic solutions for users
· You love crafting groundbreaking experiences that create deeper customer relationships
· You are an empathic design leader who flourishes when collaborating closely with other disciplines and partners to bring UX and Visual Design ideas to life
· You have an exceptional portfolio illustrating shipped, consumer-facing projects
· You are a self-starter who thrives on ambiguity and is comfortable wearing many hats
· Create end-to-end CX for our customers delivering on a bold vision of how people interact with content while shopping
· Work with Shopping Design leadership to help set design vision and direction for content-forward experiences
· Deliver detailed design documentation and refined design artifacts to developers and partners
· Participate in the design of useful, usable, and desirable experiences in a team environment
· Partner with product management and development, to champion the creation of user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, professional expertise, metrics, and usability findings
· Develop and manage the development of conceptual diagrams, wireframes, blueprints, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes
· Translate complexity and ambiguity into actionable steps, and help bring other designers along on that journey
· Present design work to stakeholders, and Amazon executives for review and feedback
Shopping Design is a group of highly curious designers, researchers, and prototypers working collaboratively to bring products to life, power the Amazon shopping experience, and deliver innovation at incredible scale across all devices and touch-points. We own the features that enable the customer’s shopping journey from discovery to evaluation, and purchase. We are excited to welcome new faces to join us as we build best-in-class shopping experiences for millions of people around the world.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 10+ years of industry experience in design, CX or related discipline.
· A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions and CX design expertise. Must illustrate solving for multi-platform CX challenges and demonstrate scalable, user-friendly design solutions; coupled with visual skills that can be utilized to create engaging designs.
· Superior planning skills to stay ahead of the work
· Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
· Work must consistently demonstrate a strong aesthetic judgement and training, in addition to exemplary CX skills
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI) or equivalent professional experience. May be substituted with significant industry experience and accomplishments
· Command of design software including Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision, Axure, or similar
· Expertise in crafting delightful micro-interactions, thorough illustration and animation
· Experience planning, conducting, and synthesizing UX research through a variety of methodologies
· Affinity and experience with inclusive design solutions that embody best practices and empower all Amazon customers