The Amazon Appstore is looking for high-energy, detail-oriented, and technically-savvy Content Test Associates to perform content evaluation on the digital content consumed by Amazon’s mobile customers. You will manage the flow and processing of new submissions and re-submissions to include record creation, record management, download, install, test and validation of the digital content to ensure it meets Amazon’s high quality bar. Above all, you will play a vital role in helping us meet our selection expansion goals while protecting our high-quality customer experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· This includes, but is not limited to:
Executes test cases, small, simple/mid-sized components and/or features related to apps, services, or devices to ensure they are operating as designed
· Acts as a point of contact for mid-sized (TT/Reviewer/YUMA/Audits) components & features related to apps.
· Creates SOPs from existing test methods. Reviews new test & work instructions. Shares knowledge & best practices. To deep dive the app features & core functionalities
· Meets daily productivity & quality targets. Is able to execute repetitive tasks on a daily basis with highest standard of quality w.r.t deliverables.
· Has skills to write scripts to automate repetitive tasks.
· Logs bugs/failures related to the execution of test instructions and/or quality mechanisms.
· Tracks resolution per service level agreements (SLAs).
· Able to learn manual device & application test procedures & how to use applicable software & tools
· Is able to write simple code and scripts for app automation or manual task automation.
· To analyze the source code of the scripts & come up with new methods to automate test cases
· Work on maintenance of the codes/scripts
· Ability to understand cultural sensitivity, Intellectual property right violation & ability to flag sensitive content, digital media etc.
· Comfortable evaluating content that may be considered sensitive, cultural, sexual/adult in nature or have religious connotation.
· Ability to deep dive, perform risk assessments & evaluate intentions of the applications based on holistic investigation
· Ability to evaluate intentions of the apps based on holistic investigation of digital applications, research on features provided by apps & identify possible violations
· Strong knowledge in language, vocabulary & grammar & contextual information
· Ability to deep dive on applications & comparing features between various versions & identifying changes made within the app.
· Set up & maintain digital content records using internal Amazon systems
· Download, install, & test Amazon’s digital content to ensure it meets Amazon’s high quality bar & adheres to Amazon’s merchandising policies
· Is comfortable with working in shifts
· B.Tech/BE, M.Tech/ME, BSC, MCA with specialization in Computer Science, Information Technology
· For new hires DA (Device Associate) evaluation will include basic coding knowledge and technical evaluation round.
· Open to working in shifts and rotational week offs.
· Strong knowledge in language vocabulary and grammar
· Aptitude for grasping and applying acquired knowledge
· Highly skilled at analyzing data and sorting relevant information
· A passion for computers, ecommerce, the Internet, digital content, and the mobile market segment.
· Meticulous attention to detail; the ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without lowering your quality bar
· Comfort working with a broad range of technological productivity and work-flow management tools including SharePoint, Excel, and Word
· Self-motivation and a strong bias for action; the ability to hit aggressive productivity goals without micromanagement
· Street smarts; willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goal.
· Proficiency in working on MS-Office suite (Word, Excel).
· Mobile app testing knowledge, interest in latest apps, technology, ecommerce, retail, and mobile industry experience desired
· Bachelors in computer science