Imagine a workplace where all employees and customers from diverse backgrounds and abilities are fully included. Where everyone, regardless of ability, can effortlessly access training and certification technologies and resources. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
The AWS Training and Certification (T&C) Accessibility team is hiring a Sr. program manager to lead accessibility enhancements across employee and customer training and certification experiences. Our vision is to ensure everyone can access T&C’s products to learn how to use AWS Cloud services and get AWS Certified. The team evangelizes accessibility to internal product teams, sets guidelines for training and certification accessibility, and provides resources and support to adopt and meet those guidelines. They also prioritize products for accessibility reviews and enhancements, identify defects and systemic pain points, and partner with product teams to make improvements. We have the opportunity to redefine how work gets done, to innovate on behalf of T&C customers with disabilities, and to be a model for accessible training and certification entities.
As a Sr. program manager on the AWS T&C Accessibility team you will work directly with training content creators, product managers, marketing, legal, user researchers, UX designers, and engineers across global teams to develop and implement strategies to improve accessibility across T&C customer experiences. You will dive deep to understand the customer (candidate and employee) training and certification journeys, identify accessibility gaps and opportunities for innovation, and influence stakeholders to solve and implement changes. This role will have a direct and profound impact on disability employment and equipping cloud technologists of all abilities globally.
· Manage and implement an accessibility program for T&C content and learning experiences that includes the AWS T&C accessibility strategy and plan, top-level initiatives, and program performance metrics
· Engage a council of T&C accessibility owners to ensure a holistic program, strategy, and coordinated execution and scaling of initiatives
· Facilitate and manage vendor engagements related to procurement, accessibility evaluations, remediation, and training
· Manage technical projects to adopt accessibility best practices, Implement accessibility criteria, testing methods, and success metrics toward continuous accessibility conformance
· Manage and facilitate usability studies with diverse audiences to influence the product roadmap in alignment with T&C accessibility guidelines
· Report on the state of accessibility through documentation of accessibility conformance
· Deliver weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on program status to T&C stakeholders and leaders
· Represent T&C as an AWS accessibility ally to Amazon-wide initiatives
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· 5+ years of experience in program or project management
· Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
· Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ years of experience in program or project management
· 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
· 5+ years of experience managing, analyzing and communicating results to senior management
· 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
· Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
· Well-rounded experience implementing and scaling accessibility/disability inclusion programs and innovating on behalf of (and with) people with disabilities.
· Technical background in current web technologies and web accessibility
· Technical Experience with agile accessibility practices, Universal (Accessible) Design, accessibility testing methodologies and tools and assistive technologies (Screen readers, switches etc.)
· Proven ability to establish and manage transformation programs with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
· Experience identifying and resolving complex issues, will take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances - solid sense of accountability and sound personal judgment.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills - ability to interface with all levels of the organization, and external customer engagements, specific strength in influencing decision makers and managing expectations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit: https://amazon.jobs/en/internal/disability/us .