Personalization's mission is to grow each customer's relationship with Amazon by leveraging our deep understanding of them to provide relevant and timely content, program and product recommendations.
The Inspirational Shopping team helps customers discover and curate products based on recommendations from brands, friends, influencers and publishers they trust. We build photo and video-first experiences that make shoppers feel acknowledged, entertained and inspired. We allow customers to shop by topic. This is a strategically significance and high exposure program. We work in a startup-like environment filled with people excited by the future and promise of social commerce. We're looking for a driven and proven leader to join our leadership team.
You are excited about the convergence of commerce and entertainment. You have a strategic focus, yet retain an appropriate level of hands-on management. You build, scale and shape the direction of this business. You have deep product management expertise, excellent leadership skills, and strong business judgment. You own product strategy, product roadmap and requirements for both backend services and customer facing experiences. You partner with senior leaders and technical managers to ensure program success. You stay connected to customer signal and abreast of relevant trends occurring both inside and outside the company. You use that knowledge to inspire big ideas. You trust your teams to innovate and deliver, verifying that they are achieving intended outcomes. You develop closed-loop mechanisms that enable you to quickly identify when projects are at risk and then act decisively to get them back on track. You define standards of excellence and drive your teams to adopt best practices.
If you enjoy dealing with high ambiguity and deep partner collaboration in the high growth area of social commerce and shopping as entertainment, come join us!
· Defining the strategy, vision and roadmap for scaling the feature and tools
· Innovating on behalf of our Customers to define the next generation of features for Inspirational Shopping programs
· Own reporting and communication to senior leaders across Amazon
· Ownership of the end-to-end product experience and product development roadmap
· Manage and develop a high performing team of product managers
· Lead investment, prioritization and trade off discussions
· Identify and measure product and business metrics to drive improvements and better understand our Customer’s needs
· 6+ years of data driven product management experience including partnering closely with software development teams
· Experience building a compelling vision for a large and ambiguous space and to work across diverse stakeholder groups to deliver against this vision
· Track record of managing complex product development cycles and working with engineering teams to define, scope and prioritize projects
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to analyze data and develop metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills – ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences
· Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced, data-driven, and entrepreneurial environment
· MBA Preferred
· Experience shipping social media or streaming video products