The DLS Trainer will contribute deep subject matter expertise to Leave and Disability initiatives around training and development. The main area of focus will be developing and conducting product and service training programs, supporting operational performance and product development and implementing continuous improvements. As a thought-leader, this position will collaborate closely with key business stakeholders, internal and external partners, and Leave and Disability program leaders to ensure the program is successful.
The DLS Trainer will possess demonstrated expertise leave and disability management and in workplace accommodations with strong knowledge of the FMLA, ERISA, ADA/ADAAA, and other applicable state regulations. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable and have experience with Integrated Disability and Absence Management (IDAM) programs and practices. The DLS Trainer will work within a team of similarly-situated subject matter experts (SMEs), providing support to our US based operational teams, as well as teams located in Costa Rica and India.
The DLS Trainer must have strong self-management skills, a desire to influence and educate, and an ability to translate business needs and goals into human resource capabilities. In addition, the DLS Trainer should exhibit exceptional facilitation and organizational skills, superior attention to detail and an ability to prioritize and scale in a fast-paced environment. This individual will possess exceptional communication, relationship and critical thinking skills, coupled with a strong customer service focus.
The primary responsibility for the DLS Trainer will be to facilitate trainings for DLS employees. In this role you will evaluate our needs and current practices, and create and deliver a training development plan complete with materials, tutorials, instructions, and learning resources such as online modules and guides. The ideal candidate will be confident public speaker and a devoted educator who is up-to-date on the latest tools and resources needed to improve employee training and performance. The trainer will also be responsible for researching and selecting the best platform to deliver and utilize training materials.
You must also:
Create, organize, and maintain training curriculum
Build and deliver innovative training that is easily absorbed and applied across in-person, virtual, video, and self directed modalities
Travel as needed
Manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
· Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, education or other relevant field from an accredited university or equivalent work experience
· Knowledge of federal or state disability laws regarding employees with disabilities, specifically FMLA and ADA/ADAAA
· Ability to travel as appropriate (60%), including foreign travel; must be able to have legal documentation (passport, travel document, etc.) in force for traveling internationally within 30 days of hire and continuously during the duration of the position specifically to Costa Rica and India.
· Technically proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint
· An advanced degree or 10 years’ equivalent experience in Human Resources, Business, Integrated Disability and Absence Management, Workers’ Compensation, Risk Management, Education, or some other related field
· Relevant professional certification (e.g. Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP), Certified Professional Disability Management (CPDM), Senior Human Resources Professional (SPHR), Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), etc.).
· Experience working with an both corporate and hourly workforce of significant size and complexity, particularly union and non-union manufacturing, distribution and/or call centers
· Experience working with knowledge workers, particularly programmers and highly skilled technology workforces
· Experience with providing leave and/or accommodation services from outside the U.S.
· Experience with leave and/or disability laws outside the U.S.
· Excellent organizational and time management abilities and customer service skills
· Phenomenal communication, presentation and public speaking skills
· Proven ability to build strong relationships and influence others while working in a cross functional environment, preferably with senior members of the business
· Detail oriented with ability to analyze, problem solve, organize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Strong critical thinking and decision making skills
· Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to adapt and effectively manage change
· Ability to manage confidential and sensitive employee information and adhere to strict confidentiality standards