Do you thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment? Do you have a focus on re-inventing learning solutions instead of replicating what's already been done? If so, the Disability and Leave Services (DLS) Learning team is the place for you.
Amazon’s DLS team is building a best-in-class program to deliver leave of absence, disability, and accommodation services to Amazon employees globally. To support this growth, DLS is driving to redesign our processes and tools for service globalization and infinite scalability, requiring strong operational and thought leadership to help us achieve this.
We are hiring an analytical, and creative Learning Experience Designer to build and scale game changing, just-in-time learning solutions that flatten the “Forgetting Curve”, drive measurable performance outcomes, and empower our front-line employees, leadership, and stakeholders to achieve our vision. This position is critical to ensuring that our business can scale.
From onboarding to next-level readiness, we “Develop the Best” leave and disability teams through immersive learning experiences that drive customized customer-interactions on the leave of absence or accommodations processes, provide just-in-time process information to enhance the customer experience and drive employee performance. Our Learning Experience Designer will also drive strategic learning initiatives that drive innovation in customer experience, employee engagement, and develop bar-raising, connected leaders.
Our ideal candidate has broad and deep experience in designing innovative, and adaptive learning solutions which drive measurable performance improvement. They are skilled in identifying ambiguous business problems through the use of data, anecdote, and skilled learning analysis. They are experienced in presenting a compelling business case to positively influence stakeholders and drive meaningful change. They are skilled learning facilitators and authors with diverse experience leveraging a wide range of learning design products to build the right solutions, which close the right performance gaps. Though supported by a senior learning manager, our ideal candidate is a strong owner, able to work with significant autonomy, owning the full-cycle learning process
· Collaborate effectively and efficiently across functional teams, including corporate, tech, and field, to define needs, determine project priorities, and identify the conditions under which tasks are performed to deliver easily adopted solutions that drive performance.
· Construct and present clear, scalable, measurable learning program strategies and discrete learning solution proposals which drive stakeholder adoption.
· Construct and execute clear, targeted program plans, effectively lead the work of cross-functional teams without direct authority to drive on-time, high quality work deliverables which simplify knowledge access, ensure information integrity, and drive performance proficiency.
· Construct Design and develop quality, just-in-time, learning solutions which simplify knowledge access, ensure information integrity, and are optimized for adoption and retention.
· Design and organize (and manage) innovative learning content, using mobile training applications and internal learning management systems (LMS).
· Establish and maintain self-sustaining mechanisms to monitoring and ensure the efficiency, accuracy and effectiveness of learning solutions on performance and the customer experience.
· Use high judgement and your experience with advanced application of technology to select and develop high quality, innovative, technically embedded solutions.
· Travel may be required, up to 10% domestic travel.
· Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, education or other relevant field or 6 + years professional experience
· Experience using a Learning Management System (LMS) and Content Management Systems (CMS) for hosting knowledge content, data collection, and reporting purposes
· Working knowledge of HTML, CSS
· Experiencing using Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Degree in related field (instructional design, education, communication, or program management).
· Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, program management, or content-specific certifications as appropriate (CPLP, CPT, PMP, etc.).
· Experience with emerging tech trends for content creation (e.g. gamification, virtual reality, xAPI).
· Knowledge of web architecture, usability, UX and UI Design beneficial.
· Experience influencing cross-functional teams to obtain technical development roadmap priority.
· Experience building technical requirements specifications.