Amazon, (www.amazon.com) a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, is the global leader in e-commerce. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon in 1995, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfillment and customer service centers. Today, Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewelry. We operate sites in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Italy, Australia etc and maintain dozens of fulfillment centers around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet. Amazon.com brand has become synonymous with a superior level of convenience, selection, low prices, and customer service.
At Amazon, we strive to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. We’ve invested heavily in technology and content to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in distributed systems, operations, data mining, optimization, scalability, security and algorithms.
At Amazon, we hire the world’s brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers. We want you to help share and shape our mission to be Earth’s most customer-centric company. Amazon’s evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of our DNA. We do this every day by solving complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We’re making history and the good news is that we’ve only just begun.
Our HR Partners are known for their knowledge of HR programs, processes and tools. They act as HR consultant to clients
(mainly front line people managers) to create a positive employee experience, offering consistent HR advice on people matters. They operate and are seen as subject matter experts, having sound knowledge in company and local programs, processes and policies, offering a strong and compelling point of view around HR related matters, thus building credibility. They are committed to collaboration with multiple HR Business Partners, HR specialists and people managers across the various businesses. A key area of focus for the HRP is to increase manager capability, which should enable them to be more self-sufficient and drive manager education on important people programs, policies, tools and processes. Whilst doing this, the HRPs are continuously raising the bar on harmonizing practice across a geography and sharing best practices.
The HRP will act as an influential partner in helping managers with talent management processes, performance management and people development. Thanks to their visibility across businesses and their access to data on managers and employees’ requests, HRPs are in a position to spot trends, identify emerging needs, and address them with innovative people programs, tools and processes.
· Manage the end to end process of performance management
· Provide expert guidance and support to managers who have identified low performance in their teams to ensure employees are managed fairly and effectively
· Analyze data and trends on performance management, in order to provide input to the business or HRBP, preventing the recurrence of known issues
· Coach, train and guide managers during the annual talent management process
· Support people managers with career conversations, Development Plans/Career Growth Plans and other development initiatives
· Maintain the fair and consistent treatment of employees by conducting investigations and disciplinary actions where complaints of misconduct arise
· Log and report all cases via internal tool
· Consult with the ER and Legal departments and HRBP where needed
Recruitment / On-boarding
· Support the design, delivery and improvement of our onboarding proposition and programs in order to guarantee a positive Day 1 employee experience
· Act as the SME on HR processes and compliance
Policies and Practices
· Consult managers on people matters that require in depth knowledge of policies, procedures and local legislation
· Partner with HR Services (HRS) to ensure that people transactions are processed timely and processes are continuously reviewed, improved and streamlined
· Analyze data and observations, highlighting trends and recommending/driving solutions, as appropriate
· Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking, and self-initiative
· Proven understanding of the role and functions of a human resource office within a corporate operations structure
· Exposure to talent analytics
· Ability to create reports and analyze employee metrics
· Demonstrated ability to coach managers and supervisors to use company best practices for maximum effectiveness
· Excellent written, verbal communication, interpersonal skills; high quality document and report preparation
· Proven ability to successfully work as a team member and to build and maintain a positive work environment across the network
· Master’s Degree in Human Resources with about 6-7 years’ work experience.
· Proven skill in the operation and utilization software such as Microsoft Word for Windows, Excel, etc.
· Able to travel, as appropriate
· Experience in the development and administration of HR compensation plans
· Ability to analyze organization and individual needs and create the most cost-effective package to meet them
· Proven ability to use initiative in carrying out tasks
· Proven ability to prioritize tasks and to organize workload to assure that short timelines are met while having frequent interruptions