We are looking for an innovative UX designer to help create groundbreaking experiences for customers looking to purchase products that define one of the most arguably important spaces in our lives today - our home. The Home Innovation Team (HIT) is on a mission to reshape the shopping journey for these customers, from navigating the complexities of knowing what to get, all the way to purchasing just the right products for their needs. You will be working with a group of seasoned engineers, product managers, designers, and researchers that are on the front-line of Amazon’s innovations, like machine learning and 3D visualization, to help mold the future of retail shopping.
Consider this - have you ever shopped for furniture or decor? How many trips to the store or online sites it took to figure things out? If you’ve ever experienced moments like these, you know how hard it is to find what you need or like and then decide if it fits your unique needs. Today’s home shopping experience often either requires spending a lot of time and energy to find just the right thing or settle for whatever is available, and then spending even more time to return the product if you discover at home that it does not work for you. We are building the technology and experiences that will eliminate such problems.
As with every project within Amazon, we work backwards from our customer's needs and the challenges they have. Our team will tackle some of the toughest problems in retail:
· Streamline the purchase experience for large items such as furniture, and remove all stress in the process.
· Inspire our customers with beautiful experiences and find relevant products.
· Provide expert advice and information to help guide our customers in their decision making process.
· Get customers to the products they want faster by improving the ways to search and browse in shopping.
· Develop personalized experiences and intelligently help customers find useful products that match their preferences and styles.
· Help customers learn, develop, and refine their personal style to improve and customize their shopping experience.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Coming up with new ideas and building new features that give customers the confidence to purchase Home products online.
· Responsibly and effectively advocate for the customer, fostering a shared understanding of the customer-centric intersection between design, content, business and marketing values.
· Create sketches, flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high fidelity mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed experiences.
· Assess and optimize the effectiveness of new and existing features by proactively planning, performing, and advocating validation techniques like usability testing, user research, and interpreting analytic data
· Present design work for review and feedback to UX peers, product, & engineering teams
We are a tightly knit group that loves hard problems, sharing experiences, and moving fast in a growing and changing environment. We use data to guide our decisions and always push the boundaries of what is technically feasible on behalf of our customers. The most successful members of our team are obsessed with helping our customers in creative ways, curious and comfortable working in ambiguity, and have a strong bias for action to deliver results. To succeed, it’s important to bring a consistent track record of developing new ideas and product features, launching and shipping them on time, and understanding the need to balance time and business constraints with providing the best possible experience for a customer. If you are entrepreneurial and like to move fast and innovate on behalf of our customers in an emerging, groundbreaking space for Amazon, we would love to hear from you!
· Bachelor's degree in design, interaction design, or equivalent professional experience.
· Proficiency using contemporary design tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Invision, Framer
· Experience developing UX across different types of devices and screen sizes.
· At least 4 years of experience performing as a user experience designer, digital product designer, interaction designer, or similar role in the design industry.
· Portfolio of launched and shipped work demonstrating impactful UX design and strong understanding of user-centered design principles.
· Fluency in performing UX heuristic evaluations, information architecture strategies, secondary research, and user testing.
· Experience working iteratively and collaboratively with a cross-disciplinary team (product owners, developers, researchers), using lean and agile methodologies to explore, test, and implement designs.
· Excellent in person and remote communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills – including the ability to communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and disciplines
· Proven ability to identify a bold vision and iterate quickly on concepts to arrive at an amazing customer experience.
· Experience in building interactive prototypes to demonstrate design concepts and specifications.
· Self-motivated, able to work both independently and collaboratively within a team as projects need.
· Passion for learning and innovation balanced with a practical understanding of business and customer expectations.
· Visual design acuity demonstrated through the development or extension of detailed visual design systems.
· E-commerce design experience is highly desired.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.