We’re looking for a Senior UX Writer to help make Amazon the best-in-class destination for shoppers to discover, engage, and build affinity with brands.
This role operates in a strategically significant/highly-visible product space within Amazon Ads. In this role, you’ll bridge the gap between shoppers and brands—ensuring marketing content is transparent, easy to understand, and useful to shoppers, while simplifying the tools that brands use to build these formats. You will partner with business owners, product management, UX designers and researchers, operational experts, and technical engineers on all aspects of the product-development lifecycle. You will define and create standards, patterns, and mechanisms to elevate copy to be crisp, clear, and transparent—whether you’re creating user interface text, editorial help-content, email, notifications, or insights. Most importantly, you will have a direct impact on the customer experience of shoppers, advertisers, and brand-owners globally, and at scale.
The ideal candidate is a savvy communicator who's obsessed with helping customers accomplish their goals—and fiercely advocate for the best possible content design solutions.
Key job responsibilities
· Craft simple, straightforward, and human UI text that makes even the most complex concepts intuitive and easy to understand.
· Collaborate with with business owners, product managers, UX designers and researchers, operational experts, and our technical teams on the launch of new products, features, and experiments.
· Create and refine content standards, patterns, and mechanisms to establish a unified approach to content design, and drive alignment on voice and tone.
· Translate a long-term product vision into user stories, user-centered tenets, and content-focused experiments and success metrics.
· Anticipate customer needs based on their objectives, and explore innovative solutions to customer issues.
About the team
Amazon Ads helps brands create experiences that delight customers and deliver meaningful results. With 300+ million worldwide active customer accounts, and first-party insights based on shopping, streaming and browsing signals, brands can craft relevant campaigns that enhance customer experiences. Our solutions on Amazon.com, services like Twitch, IMDb T V, Alexa, Amazon Music, and partnerships with third-party publishers and exchanges make Amazon Ads the ultimate amplifier for brands to reach the right audiences in the right places, both on and off Amazon.
· 8+ years of design experience
· An available online portfolio
· 6+ years experience as a UX writer or similar role with a UX or product design team.
· A strong portfolio of relevant writing samples with a UX focus, including problems you helped solve for, your contributions, and the impact to the customer.
· Able to work in a diverse team.
· Expertise in content strategy, information architecture, and writing UI text and microcopy for products (or similar copywriting experience).
· Impeccable attention to detail, with excellent grammar and mechanics skills.
· Well-honed ability to communicate clearly and concisely across a spectrum of customer contexts.
· Experience creating style guides, content design patterns, usage guides, terminology lists, and voice and tone guidelines.
· Hands-on experience with content inventories and audits, content mapping and modeling, and governance documentation.
· Proven ability to work cross-team, synthesize feedback and input from business leaders, customer research/analytics and to design creative solutions.
· Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
· Experience designing products for global markets.
· Desire to work in a start-up style environment, where iteration and learning is encouraged.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.