Are you a migrations expert who has experience with executing large-scale migrations from on-premises to the AWS Cloud? Would you like to work with our customers to help them plan, prepare and execute large-scale migrations and leverage the benefits of the AWS Cloud? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud computing to do big new things faster and at lower cost? Do you want to be part of history and transform businesses through cloud computing adoption? Do you like to work on-site in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high impact projects that use the newest application technologies? Would you like a career path that enables you to progress with the rapid adoption of cloud computing?
At AWS, we are hiring the best hands-on migration experts, who can help our clients and partners migrate their business-critical applications to take advantage of the global scale, elasticity, automation and high-availability features of the AWS cloud. Our consultants will collaborate with partner and client teams to determine migration strategies, build migration business cases, analyze application portfolios, perform application assessments, develop migration plans, design migration processes, implement migration tools, support the migration execution, and ensure operational integration. These professional services engagements will focus on leading our customers through large-scale migration programs using the AWS migration methodology, AWS migration services and AWS tools such as AWS Migration Hub, AWS Application Discovery Service and AWS Database Migration Service.
As Consultant you will lead complex projects with autonomy and discretion, often involving multiple Amazon and customer teams.
You will work with customers and partners, leading them through planning, prioritization and delivery of complex transformation initiatives, while collaborating with relevant Sales and Service Teams. You will design and deliver solutions that solve for new levels of complexity, scale and performance, and in turn, enable breakthrough innovations. You will create and apply frameworks, methods, best practices and artifacts that deliver prescriptive guidance to customers, and publish and present them in large forums and across various media platforms. You will guide customers’ technical architecture and investments, maximizing alignment with the AWS platform, and ease of adoption as new services and products become available.
You will help customers define target business outcomes and related work streams, and lead the subsequent projects and initiatives to consistently exceed these goals.
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
· Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
· 5+ years of experience in leading large-scale migration programs with hands-on expertise in application portfolio analysis, application assessment, migration process design, migration tools implementation, migration execution, or operational integration.
· 10+ years of experience as a technical specialist in customer-facing roles
· Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
· Good experience with agile project management methodologies
· This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
· Experience in a program management role or similar
· Experience with migrating applications from on-premises to the AWS Cloud
· Hands-on experience with deploying and using migration tools (e.g. Double-Take, Racemi)
· Exposure to the AWS platform and its compute, storage, networking and migration services
· Understanding of virtualization technologies and system architectures that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
· Presenting at public events such as technology conferences, hackathons, etc.
· Experience working as a professional services consultant
· Experience in MENA region