Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History. We are looking for awesome software engineers who love to solve challenging problems, have fun and create history. If that excites you then, this role is for you. We are a small, new team where SDEs get to play a pivotal role in the development of the product which will be essential to Amazon's People Technology.
People Technology is the central hub for all Amazon.com people. Our technology provides the foundation and orchestration for a multitude of key human resource processes, from on-boarding of tens of thousands of temporary employees during peak holiday season to integrating critical employee data to internal and external systems. We implement and build highly secure, global software that allows Amazon.com to effectively manage the workforce, resulting in a better employee experience and a better bottom line.
Amazon People Technology is looking for the talented Software Development Engineers (SDE) to join their Time & Attendance team. Amazon continuously pushes the limit to deliver packages and goods to customers as fast as possible. Gaining efficiencies in tracking productivity, time, and attendance is paramount to achieving this goal. You will get a chance to invent new technologies and build custom solutions to help Amazon track time, attendance, and productivity of employees and impact the employee experience.
How hard can it be to pay people for the right number of hours worked? Would you be excited to dive into surprisingly complicated space that is tangible to all Amazonians, with the real-time analytics, surge-traffic handling, fault detection, and data processing by developing new solutions on NAWS/Serverless platforms? Then you are the person, People Technology is looking for.
You have top notch computer science skills, are obsessed with customer delight, and have a demonstrated track record of passion for leveraging cutting-edge technologies to build incredible products. You understand back-end services and know how to conceptualize, design, implement, and fix them. You go through life thinking about how to use technology to solve problems. You live and breathe data analysis, and can succinctly and accurately report your findings. You understand the untapped power of utilizing Internet technologies to support Amazon’s goal to be the most customer-centric company in the world. Most importantly, you have a passion for learning and are driven to be the best at what you do.
Key job responsibilities
SDEs in this team work with Sr. SDEs, Architects, Program Managers to understand and influence the product requirements. SDEs get to design the solution for the requirements, work on multiple design options, review with engineering stakeholders, develop LLD, code, review, deploy and manage the product features in production. SDEs are also responsible for identifying and delivering operational and engineering excellence items. A successful candidate make sure that he/she is not loosing the sight on operational excellence while delivering awesome new features with highest quality.
A day in the life
As SDE in this team you define the delivery mechanisms, you run daily stand ups, you manage the day to day operational issues in production by playing oncalls. Additionally, SDEs in this team also develop other SDEs by sharing and learning together.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Experience developing on a Linux platform
· Attention to detail coupled with ability to think abstractly
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Strong debugging, monitoring, diagnosing skills for IT systems
· Keen eye for performance, security and scalability aspects
· Coaching and guiding cross-functional engineers
· Strong exposure to automated testing and test coverage aspects
· B.E. Or Master’s Degree in Computer Science
· Experience with languages/technologies such as Ruby on Rails UI, R , ReactJS, Jasmine and Python
· Exposure to Oracle, RedShift, Aurora, ANSI SQL and Dynamo is desirable.
· Excellent communication skills, able to actively participate in team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions
· Ability and drive to continually improve your knowledge, skillset and understanding of Amazon’s business, systems, development environment
· Passion towards problem-solving and strong decision-making ability
· Ability to think critically and arrive at elegant solutions to challenging problems
· Proven track-record delivering high-quality, on-time, elegant solutions
· Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and think abstractly
· Familiar with AWS, Scalability of apps to serve 1+ million users
· Ability to discuss architecture for supporting mobile platforms
· Exposure to mobile application development would be valuable.