Amazon.in, Amazon's marketplace in India, is building a team to take it to the next level by building capabilities that are relevant for customers in India. As part of The India Consumer Technology (ICT) group, the Category Experience & Expansion (Catex) team's charter is to take IN business to the next level by building capabilities that can convert millions of offline customers in India into online customers. This tech team plays pivotal role in Amazon India's success, with the mission to build tailor-made solutions for each category, by making it easy for customers to buy online. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a team that will be responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic business for Amazon, from the ground up!
The ideal candidate will be instrumental in shaping the product direction and will be actively involved in defining key product features that impact the business. You will work with Senior Engineers at Amazon to evolve the design and architecture of the products owned by this team. You will be responsible to set up and hold a high software quality bar besides providing technical direction to a highly technical team of Software Engineers.
As part of this team, you will work to ensure Amazon.in is FAST and has the best shopping experience. It’s a great opportunity to develop and enhance experiences for Mobile devices first. You will work on analyzing the latency across the various Amazon.in pages using RedShift, MapReduce, Java. You will develop software from the ground up spanning across all key pages on retail website. You will be part of a team that obsesses about the performance of our customer’s experience and enjoy flexibility to pursue what makes sense. Come enjoy an exploratory and research-oriented team of Cowboys working in a fast-paced environment, who are always eager to take on big challenges.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
· 0 to 1.5 years of Software Development experience;
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structure
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Python
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Web services and web application/services development experience.
· Experience developing distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications in a 24/7 environment.