Amazon’s Devices and Services Design Group (DDG) imagines the future of software and hardware experiences, powered by Alexa. Join the team behind Echo Show, Echo Spot, Fire TV, Fire Tablets, and the growing family of Echo devices. We’re just getting started, and we’d love to have you join us to bring innovative experiences to millions of customers.
As a member of the Design Technology team, you’ll support the design studio with your deep technical knowledge and experience working on world-class consumer software experiences. You’ll help your peers unlock technically challenging scenarios and mature the design studio’s ability to deliver design at scale, across a breadth of multimodal devices.
You will be part of a small and nimble team dedicated to proving, advancing and evolving UX concepts through a range of prototypes and hands-on product work. You will work quickly, choosing the right technology for the task at hand, to flesh out design concepts (interaction, visual and motion). Your work will be used to demonstrate and evaluate UX concepts and be a reference for engineering partners. You will be asked to cleverly hack your way around platform limitations, tinker with concepts, think creatively in code and deliver quickly, iteratively and collaboratively within a design studio environment.
Are you a maker, tinkerer or hacker who is passionate about consumer electronics? Are you a digital craftsperson who loves bringing concepts to life through working code? Are you primed to make an impact on millions of consumers? If so, you’re someone we want to talk to.
· Build high-quality, functional prototypes that convey, prove, and advance the vision of future products and applications
· Collaborate with design leadership and key stakeholders from concept through shipping
· Work with designers, product managers, management, internal business partners and other subject matter experts
· Participate in the full lifecycle of product development; including ideation, design, development, implementation and validation
· Advance design thinking through your knowledge of platform capabilities and limitations as you support your design team and work with partner engineering teams
· Work quickly with minimal documentation and technical support
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
· 3+ years of experience as a front-end developer or web technologist role, preferably within a UI design team
· Experience with object oriented design and service oriented architecture
· Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
· Strong interest and proficiency in visual design.
· Experience collaborating with UX, Product, and non-technical partners
· Programming experience on mobile platforms, preferably Android
· Experience taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
· Experience in communicating with users, and other technical teams to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs
· Knowledge of professional software engineering & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operational excellence
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.