Do you want to solve business challenges through innovative technology? Do you enjoy working on state of the art distributed systems? Do you love working on industry defining projects that move the needle?
At Amazon, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate and build on behalf of our customers. The intense focus we have on our customers is why we are one of the world’s most beloved brands – customer obsession is part of our company DNA. We are looking for software engineers who thrive on complex problems and relish the challenge of operating a complex and mission critical system that serves millions of requests per minute.
As a SDE-II in UnifiedAuth team, you will work on cloud security problems with the goal of securing customer and corporate communication across all of Amazon. You will contribute to all parts of the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. You will learn and grow by solving one of the most complex technical challenges in the areas of distributed systems, data mining, automation, optimization, scalability, and security – just to name a few.
Key job responsibilities
· Learn by collaboration with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians in the team to develop, design, and bring to market cloud security products
· Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry
· Improve operational excellence, constructively identifying problems and proposing solutions, taking on projects that improve team’s software, making it better and easier to maintain.
· Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use
About the team
Unified Authorization is responsible for securing customer and corporate communication across all of Amazon. We own cloud security products that are used by tens of thousands of services and millions of hosts across all Amazon's businesses including retail website, Alexa, and Kindle. Every aspect of Amazon's business interacts with our systems, and we ensure all actors are authenticated and authorized. As a global security provider, our products are intersection of security, resiliency, and availability.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 4+ years software development experience
- Bachelor's Degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++
- Experience with large scale security, enterprise and web
- Working knowledge of major security and auth protocols (e.g. ssh, Kerberos, OAuth, OpenID Connect, TLS, etc.)
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts and experience working in AWS
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.