This role can sit in Seattle or Bellevue, WA, Nashville, TN, Arlington, VA (HQ2), and other corporate locations would be considered.
At Amazon's Talent Products Forecasting, Analytics, and Science for Talent (FAST) Team, we use data to drive all our decision making. The FAST team acts as an internal provider of new talent planning solutions, using quantitative approaches to uncover insight to drive changes and inform decisions.
FAST is looking for a world-class Senior Product Manager to re-invent the WW Consumer talent planning experience by enabling HR, Finance, and Operations leaders to make informed decisions on talent at speed and scale using modern data platforms and machine learning/data science techniques.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 12 affinity groups (employee resource groups) with more than 87,000 employees across hundreds of chapters around the world. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which reminds team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
It isn’t about which hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
Key job responsibilities
Develop the Think Big vision for Worldwide Consumer Leaders and influence customers, stakeholders, and executive leadership on the vision and product experience.
Partner with data, science, and software teams to create mocks and prototypes to bring the vision to life, aid in usability testing, engineering costing
Provide thought leadership with engineering on implementation.
Pilot experiences; collect and report on data; iterate on the path towards full scale roll-out.
Lead discussion and thinking with stakeholders to push into production new ideas. Lead cross-functional teams (e.g. design, research, software, data engineering, science, program management) to deliver projects on time.
Manage project milestones from concept to launch, proactively identify and resolve strategic and tactical issues, provide cross-functional leadership to deliver to the program.
Identify and measure product and business metrics to drive improvements and better understanding of customer needs.
Develop and communicate product roadmap to leadership and customers.
A day in the life
As the single-threaded leader, you will drive the strategy, vision, and roadmap. Your product will aid the talent and workforce plan for hundreds of thousands of employees globally. You will define and build an experience to create action based, data and science-informed, solutions at speed and scale. You will innovate and experiment to learn on behalf of our customers, partnering with engineers, scientists, economists, HR, Finance, and Operations leaders across Amazon. Interfacing with executive leadership and stakeholders, you will influence a new strategic direction for recruiting across Worldwide Consumer.
About the team
Talent Products is an incubator team within WW Consumer People Experience & Technology (PXT), creating new technology and science that challenges the status quo across the talent development lifecycle, inclusive of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, promotions, organizational planning, performance management, and learning & development.
· Experience with end to end product delivery
· 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
· Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
· Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
· Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
· Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
· Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules
· Demonstrated history of strong customer focus
· Using quantitative and qualitative data to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and measure success.
· History working on complex technical products through multiple lifecycles.
· Ability to think both strategically and tactically; equally comfortable with long-term planning and day-to-day progress tracking and execution.
· Interest in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
· Strong collaboration skills. You have a proven ability to work across functions and across marketplaces to influence senior leaders. You quickly earn the trust of people you work with.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $122.3k - $160k/yr however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.