Work hard and make history with Amazon’s International Public Policy Team. The Public Policy Payments Manager will join a growing and dynamic team that works across Europe, Middle East, Africa, India and Asia-Pacific, in support of Amazon’s global consumer and digital businesses. Like our business interests, our policy issues are broad, forward-thinking, and driven by what is best for our customers. The International Public Policy team works with a wide range of national, local, and supranational policymakers, industry organizations, and non-governmental organizations across numerous policy issues spanning the consumer and commercial environment.
As Public Policy Payments Manager you will be based in Dubai or Riyadh and will help formulate, coordinate, and implement government engagement strategies to support Amazon's Payments business with governments in the MENA region. You will have an astute understanding of the payments public policy and regulatory environment. You will also be
responsible for working with policy-makers and relevant external stakeholders and coalitions in support of our Payments business.
You will work collaboratively and transparently with Amazon’s Payments business, legal, and public relations functions to establish the public policy and advocacy agenda. You will monitor and report relevant legislative and regulatory activity, develop positioning and mitigation/engagement strategies, draft collateral, and coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs, and key initiatives in concert with business objectives.
You will be able to build solutions for complicated business problems, and provide clear guidance, including in situations of high ambiguity. You will be confident, but are also able to operate respectfully and collaboratively within wider regional and international structures.
This position will be based in Dubai or Riyadh.
- 10+ years of relevant public policy and advocacy experience, e.g. within corporate public policy and government relations, in public administration, trade associations or non-governmental organizations.
- A keen working understanding of policy-making processes and government relations.
- Written and spoken fluency in Arabic and English (outstanding oral and written communication skills in Arabic and English is required, and a proven ability to convey complex arguments in writing is a must).
- Law Degree or Master’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g., political science, economics, finance)
- Strong knowledge of and background in advocacy and public policy development pertaining to existing and emerging payments frameworks and financial services in the MENA region.
- Experience working at high level and collaboratively in a highly-matrixed environment, alongside teams including Legal, PR, and business teams.
- Highly effective oral and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at highest corporate and political levels.
- 10 years of experience in government or representing a large, complex company or association, preferably but not necessarily in fintech.
- Ability to maintain highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality and integrity, with a strong professional reputation in the industry.
- Proven track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across an organization and cultures as well as working independently.
- Ability to identify and understand key technical aspects pertaining to corporate operations in legislative and regulatory proposals, understand business implications, and synthesize policy documents for internal and external customers.
- Ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others is required. Must be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills, and political acumen.