We are looking for a Senior/Lead UX Designer to lead design for Stores: a self-service tool that empowers brands of all sizes to tell their story, showcase their products, and connect with new customers. In this role, you will create new features/tools/experiences for brand-owners, while ensuring these tools output good shopper experiences—globally and at scale
In this role you'll be involved in all aspects of product development process—from brainstorming the next innovation, to working collaboratively with user research, engineering, content design, and product management. Your work will have strategic significance and high exposure. Most importantly, you will have a direct impact on the customer experience of shoppers, advertisers, and brand-owners.
The ideal candidate is a curious designer that loves learning, and is passionate about conceiving experiences in the abstract and then utilizing a full range of skills—including: wire framing, interaction design, prototyping, and visual design—to bring their vision to life.
**We are also open in hiring in Santa Monica, CA and Arlington, VA**
Key job responsibilities
- Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, data, customer feedback, user research and technical constraints/opportunities.
- Quickly and thoroughly create user flows, wireframes, design mockups, and prototypes to effectively conceptualize new product initiatives.
- Relentlessly simplify and distill complex processes into intuitive and elegant UI.
- Establish and maintain detailed user-interface patterns and specifications—working closely with developers to see your design through to deployment.
- Communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Mentor junior talent.
About the team
Amazon Ads helps brands create experiences that delight customers and deliver meaningful results. With 300+ million worldwide active customer accounts, and first-party insights based on shopping, streaming and browsing signals, brands can craft relevant campaigns that enhance customer experiences. Our solutions on Amazon.com, services like Twitch, IMDb TV, Alexa, Amazon Music, and partnerships with third-party publishers and exchanges make Amazon Ads the ultimate amplifier for brands to reach the right audiences in the right places, both on and off Amazon.
- 8+ years of design experience
- An available online portfolio
- Examples of projects that have shipped to customers
- Able to work in a diverse team.
- Ability to create interactive experiences with prototyping software or by hand.
- Proven ability to work cross-team, synthesize feedback and input from business leaders, product management, and engineering. (working directly with developers for implementation of designs)
- Expert visual design acumen demonstrated through owning product design end-to-end.
- Experience designing e-commerce experiences; bonus points in designing for global markets.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Desire to work in a start-up style environment, where iteration is encouraged.
- A love of branding and storytelling.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.