Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
Amazon is seeking an experienced Health & Welfare Operations Specialist to join our MEA Benefits Operations Services Team. This role will partner extensively with internal stakeholders and external partners to develop and execute against a multi-year road map for Health & Welfare administration support. As an individual contributor, strong project and implementation management skills are critical to this role. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently, an effective communicator, problem solver, have a desire to participate in change, and appreciate a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities. We are seeking someone with a demonstrated history of successfully managing large benefits projects and implementations; partnering with cross-functional teams and internal and external stakeholders.
- Periodic domestic and global business travel may be required.
Key job responsibilities
- Project Management: Drive consistent project management support for concurrent and complex benefit projects by translating business needs into project plans; building business requirements, timeline, deliverables and quality standards. Serve as day to day project lead, ensuring progress of project team against established goals. Trouble shoot and bring issues to resolution.
- Implementation support: Develop and execute implementation and integration strategies for new or changing benefits plans, processes and vendors; supporting cyclical benefits events and activities, such as annual enrollment and plan renewals. Provide SME support to internal stakeholder and outside vendors through HR and culture training delivery.
- Vendor Management: Work with vendors to ensure existing and new administrative processes provide a frustration free employee experience, meet compliance standards and are integrated with other benefit vendors when applicable. May also complete certain administrative processes, lead pre and post implementation audits. Responsible for troubleshooting any data errors, process breakdowns, and employee escalations and working with vendor to perform a root cause analysis and correction of the errors identified.
- Continuous Improvement: Define and monitor benefits administration critical to quality (CTQs) metrics, perform root cause analysis on defects and implement remediation; own continuous improvement strategy.
- Customer Service: Identify and help resolve issues. Provide employee escalations support on a full range of benefit savings related topics. Work with internal employee support teams to manage appeals and exceptions intake, review and determination.
- Travel: Able to travel globally and domestically.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, HR or related field
- 10+ years of relevant program management experience, working experience on benefits
- Experience in benefits programs and administration management, benefits compliance and regulations
- Experience managing large-scale employee benefit or pension administration programs, associated vendor management, and program development, execution and results
- Hands on work style
- Demonstrated ability to achieve program success through influence and partnership from design to delivering of initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with ability to interface with all levels of the organization and demonstrated ability to influence decision makers
- Deep understanding and experience in delivering high levels of customer service
- Highly organized, able to prioritize and work under pressure on a number of projects/initiatives at the same time in a rapidly growing environment
- Strong data analysis skills; the ability to extract and synthesize data in order to make data-backed business decisions
- Ability to develop ad-hoc reporting to meet specific business needs and inquiries
- Successful record of building operational processes and procedures, continuously improving programs and efficiencies