Are you a self-starter with a passion for e-commerce, looking to expand your retail skillset and shaping the way the biggest brands work with Amazon?
Sounds great. What will I be working on?
As Brand Specialist, you will be part of the Strategic Vendor Services (SVS) team, which provides a suite of services designed to help Amazon's most strategic brands working across all key areas of retail business. You will work with vendors supplying the top brands on Amazon, acting as the main point of contact for them. Your priority will be to work backwards from the customer, identifying inputs to grow your brands and improve their performance. You will do this while facilitating great business relationships and ensuring vendors’ satisfaction with the service.
Key responsibilities as a Brand Specialist are:
· Own the relationship end-to-end with top brands
· Partner internally with key retail functions to contribute to the definition of priorities and operational goals according to the brands’ needs
· Partner with our Media Team to insure best in class event execution
· Define joint business plans and assist in delivering impact for the brands you support directly
· Regularly audit metrics to continually drive quality of the SVS experience and deliver targets
· Contribute to continuous enhancement and innovation within the SVS across MENA
Brand Specialists work on a variety of tasks for the brands they support, typically falling within the five focus areas. These include but are not limited to:
· Business Advice: Providing business advice based on deep financial analysis and reporting, to identify areas of opportunities
· Selection: Helping grow the selection of products by managing the launch of new products and improving product discoverability
· Availability: Support driving process improvement and operational excellence within our vendor community by reducing costs, defects, and lead times, while increasing innovation
· Traffic: Analyzing traffic channels and working on initiatives to generate traffic by supporting the development, execution of marketing and merchandising campaigns
· Conversion: Planning and executing promotional activities and improving customer journey on Amazon
Alongside this, you will contribute to improving the efficiency of the service itself. We are constantly working to build scale for this service through the right set of tools and cross-functional collaboration including but not limited to Tech teams.
This role is available in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
This role offers 360 ͦexposure to different areas of the industry e-commerce, opening a multitude of career paths.
Key job responsibilities
- Build an understanding of customer pain points, requirements, and potential value that can be delivered by advertising or merchant services
- Identify target accounts using market data and industry intelligence
- Learn the advertising or merchant services portfolio and the Amazon culture
- Identify opportunities to improve our products, services, processes, systems, and tools
- Work with different parts of the Amazon business to implement improvement projects, including working with category teams, product teams, and technical support teams
- Define strategies to deliver best-in-class customer experience while delivering profitable growth in the retail category
- Develop knowledge of supply/ demand trends and success drivers of your category
- Establish relationships and negotiate agreements/deals with leading manufacturers and brands. Drive new product launches and additions in the category
- Execute and lead projects to more efficiently source stock, manage prices, execute promotions
- Collaborate with vendors and merchandizing teams on promotions and marketing initiatives and coordinate with the Merchandising team to execute these activities
- Collaborate with operational teams to ensure healthy inventory levels while managing stock-out/ overstock risk
- Participate in day-to-day operational aspects of the category, including gathering and addressing customer feedback, price monitoring, business improvement initiatives.
- Be an ambassador within the industry and continuously enhance Amazon's position.
- Excellent business judgment with strong written and oral communication skills
- Superior analytical abilities and quantitative skills. Comfortable with complex financial data.
- Polished communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
- High threshold for working in an ambiguous, fast paced environment start-up like environment – figuring it out and adapting as you go
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
- A willingness to roll up sleeves to get it done
- Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development
- Ability to think and lead in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with “hands-on” management of tasks, and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to own, manage and speak to a P&L
- Proficient in Excel