AWS have an exciting Data Center Facility Engineer opportunity in Abu Dhabi available for a UAE national with family book. AWS are committed to contributing towards the UAE’s goal of employing 75,000 Emiratis in the private sector and Ministerial Resolution No.279.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Data Center Engineering Operations Engineer to join our expanding Data Centers (DC) Cloud regions. Data Center Engineering Operations Engineer is a hands-on electrical and mechanical equipment troubleshooting and operation responder.
As an Engineering Operations Engineer, you will operate and maintain AWS DCs’ world-class mechanical and electrical infrastructure following a process-oriented approach. In addition, you will oversee facility operations and ensure the implementation of safety procedures.
If you like to apply your electrical and mechanical skills to solve problems while striving for operational excellence, we would like to meet you. Your work will help maintain availability for customers and ensure the upkeep and operation of the technical infrastructure in the DC. Hear from one of our engineers in the UAE here - https://youtu.be/T66DTk0qORU
Key job responsibilities
- Follow and maintain the highest safety standards and diligently encourage a world-class safety culture. As a facility owner team, ensure remediation of safety risks/issues in conjunction with other teams. Own the safety initiatives and projects to foster strong safety culture.
ENGINEERING & FACILITY OPERATIONS AND MAINTENANCE
- You will be supporting electrical and mechanical equipment, including Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS’s), Switchgear, Circuit Breakers, Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS's), Diesel Generators, Chillers, Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC), Exhaust Fans, Variable Frequency Drives (VFD's), and Transformers.
- Operate and maintain mechanical and electrical, mechanical, emergency generator, HVAC and fire/life safety equipment within the data center
- Troubleshoot facility and rack-level events within internal SLAs
- Perform root cause analysis of equipment failures
- Drive innovation while reducing operational costs in the facilities
A day in the life
- Work rotational shifts of 4 days of 12 hours shifts (2 days followed by 2 nights), and 4 days off (including night, weekends and holidays) / Respond to on-call rotation reaction to off-duty emergency calls
- Take daily operational readings of all mechanical and electrical equipment through routine rounds/log-taking (temperatures, voltages, currents, etc.)
- Supervise contractors who perform servicing or preventive maintenance
- Perform the following tasks, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Occasionally Move objects/material (weight limits in accordance with regulations)
- Work in outdoor weather conditions.
- Work in noisy environments
- Work at heights and from ladders
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Abu Dhabi, ARE
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline
- Very good command of English
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Excel, Word) and web-based operational tools.
- Proficient with Change Management Systems (CMS) and Ticket Systems.
- Experience (maintenance experience on electrical and mechanical equipment.
- UAE National with family book
- Experience of Data Center operations and on-call support for Data Center facilities.
- Familiar with Building Management System (BMS) and Electrical Power Monitoring System (EPMS) control systems and data collection/trending.