If you're interested in data , machine learning and want to work on a science and analytics team that builds solutions that directly impact millions of customers worldwide, this job is for you!
Amazon revolutionized customer service, now we are changing what customers expect from technical support. We’re responsible for the Customer Service operations and solutions for all Amazon Devices and Digital properties, from the Kindle and Echo, to Amazon Music and Prime Video.
We are looking for a motivated individual with strong technical / analytical skills and practical experience to join the Device, Digital and Alexa Support (D2AS) team as a Business Intelligence Engineer on the Science & Analytics Team. We’re looking for someone who possesses a solid BI engineering background, familiar with maintaining large data sets, building the data needed for analyzing information, identifying key business insights, and working with stakeholders in generating the right metrics to measure success criteria. Being able to deal with ambiguity, anticipating bottlenecks and escalations, and setting realistic and ambitious expectations are all crucial to the success of our platform.
In this role, you will:
• Work closely with the Product Managers, Scientists, Engineers, and Data Engineers on developing BI/analytics solutions to measure the performance of new and existing solutions (including ML models) and surface new opportunities for improvements. To do so, you will build and analyze key metrics to uncover trends and root causes of issues and own ad-hoc deep dive investigations into existing customer journeys to identify root causes of issues and surface improvement opportunities. You will also own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing data pipelines, metrics, reports, visualizations, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive business decisions.
• Work with Product Managers, Data Engineers, scientists to develop a mechanism to measure the performance of a new and complex project funded in 2023 that seeks to create a unified and cohesive generative AI solution to enhance customer experience
• Work with the D2AS stakeholders to migrate visualization tools to better adapt applications within the AWS ecosystem. In this effort, BIE will migrate existing dashboards, test, deploy and train users in the new visualization tool.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
- 10+ years of professional or military experience
- 5+ years of SQL experience
- Experience programming to extract, transform and clean large (multi-TB) data sets
- Experience with theory and practice of design of experiments and statistical analysis of results
- Experience with AWS technologies
- Experience in scripting for automation (e.g. Python) and advanced SQL skills.
- Experience with theory and practice of information retrieval, data science, machine learning and data mining
- Experience working directly with business stakeholders to translate between data and business needs
- Experience managing, analyzing and communicating results to senior leadership
- Master's degree in statistics, data science, or an equivalent quantitative field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $104,300/year in our lowest geographic market up to $202,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.