- Find Jobs
- Review application status
- Amazon Culture & benefits
- Job Categories
- English, British
Role is based in Bristol, UK
Amazon's IT Support Services group is looking for best-in-class client-side support personnel. You will provide quality technical support to internal customers through all available channels, meeting or exceeding their expectations at every opportunity.
The successful IT Support Technician will be customer focused and motivated by team success. They will be innovative, energetic, and able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with a high volume of requests and ambiguity. They will be committed, flexible, willing to travel, and have demonstrated the ability to maintain high levels of productivity with minimal supervision. They will demonstrate strong initiative and have the ability to learn quickly.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This is a technical position in so much as the successful individual will be required to to find solutions to complex problems, implement new and challenging standards whilst holding to the highest bar with regards quality and technical expertise. The ability to build productive relationships with colleagues at remote sites around the world will make you successful in this role as will patience and a sense of humor.
This position requires 2+ years of hands-on experience across a wide IT scope. From PC hardware, IT infrastructure (hardware and software), software application and development and O/S support experience (including installation, configuration and troubleshooting). In short have hands-on experience supporting all levels of IT infrastructure whether on Windows, Linux/Unix and Macintosh platforms and including wired and wireless networking.
· To provide a 1st / 2nd and 3rd line support service that ensures all IT equipment and infrastructure is running to its optimum performance and that all departmental KPIs and SLAs are met. Escalating where required. Whether it be an end user or an IT peer the role requires the individual to support and solve all issues – no job is too big or small.
· To act as a point of contact for contractors or external suppliers and clearly communicate technical issues and Amazon standards.
· To review, write and execute change management requests as required (which does include out of hours work).
· Interact with suppliers, request quotes and purchase equipment in accordance with policies, budgets and operational demand; including all aspects of procurement and inventory management.
· To carry out ad-hoc requests as and when required.
· Contribute to the on call schedule whether for a site or across multiple sites / region.
Amazon is not an average retailer and this is definitely not your average job. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference to our business. We’re looking for an exceptional professional with outstanding technical skills who has what it takes to make us the place for people to come to find anything they might want to buy online, with the opportunity to fulfil the Amazon motto to “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.”
Global IT values diversity of thought and wants to grow through hiring people from a wide range of backgrounds, cultures and experiences, allowing us to continue to innovate for complex problems. If you're interested in helping us shape our journey and being part of the team, then please apply to find out more.
To be successful in this role you will be comfortable with the Linux, Windows and Macintosh operating systems and their operation in a large scale environment. Other qualifications include:
· University degree or equivalent, alternatively at least three years’ work related experience in an IT support role.
· Unix/Linux and Windows skills.
· Experience with shell and other language scripting would be beneficial
· Knowledge of, and experience with modern infrastructure hardware including Cisco, HP and Aruba – LAN / WAN and Wireless. Vendor certifications preferred.
· Robust troubleshooting and good analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability required.
· Technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills, project management and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels (technical and business audiences) and in different situations. This includes the ability to develop clear, concise documentation.
· Proven ability to operate in extreme high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple competing priorities and possess a high level of discipline while displaying a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
Ideally you will be degree educated and hold professional qualification relating to Linux, Cisco and Microsoft and be able to meet the basic qualification requirements.