- Review application status
- Amazon Culture & benefits
- Job Categories
- English, British
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced, self-motivated technical program manager to support our healthcare and life sciences audit program. This candidate will be an innovative and forward-thinking individual who possesses in-depth technical knowledge of compliance and information security standards as they pertain to the healthcare and life sciences sector, and is a strong leader to manage compliance across our global business environment.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to drive execution of projects with a direct impact to our business and industry. This includes working directly with product, infrastructure, and technical teams across the business, as well as critical external stakeholders. This individual will balance strategic thinking with tactical, detailed execution, while driving innovative process improvement across multiple organizations and teams.
This position will be responsible for the following activities:
- Developing a working knowledge of the operational processes and controls supporting our healthcare and life sciences programs by linking policy, standard operating procedures, controls, monitoring, and reporting.
- Conducting risk assessments, improving documentation, tracking progress, coordinating improvement efforts, and monitoring process improvement effectiveness.
- Operating a rhythm of business for managing changes to the control environment and in preparing for audits, documenting activities on behalf of control owners, and confirming readiness of controls for audit/certification.
- Driving process improvements and control implementation projects in coordination with AWS service teams, including tracking and mitigating risk and executing projects originating from assessments.
- Developing external documentation to support AWS healthcare and life sciences customers in understanding and leveraging the AWS security and compliance environment during their own external due diligence activities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, Informatics, Accounting/Auditing, or other related fields.
- 3+ years of experience in security or compliance consulting or advisory work in in support of a highly technical environment.
- 3+ years of assessing/developing/documenting security or compliance environment in a technical field
- Experience in conducting and documenting risk assessment activities and coordinating mitigations.
- Experience in performing and/or participating in technical assessments in direct support of a major compliance effort supporting the healthcare and life sciences industry (e.g. HITURST, HIPAA, GxP, SOC1, or SOC 2, ISO, or other related standards and frameworks).
- Strong project management skills with proven track record for delivering results.
- Strong written communication skills demonstrating ability to clearly distill complicated, technical subjects into easily understood explanations.
- Work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations. Experience working successfully in a very fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Have a record of delivery of IT process improvement projects with technology processes and/or major tech companies. Experience with IT process consulting is a plus.
- Have experience in generating automated metrics to measure IT process effectiveness and consistency.
- Have a clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture.
- Have experience in performing technical assessments and audits of network, operating systems, application security, as well as auditing IT processes. Experience in IT program or project management, IT auditing, and/or control framework development and implementation is also a plus.
- Have experience defining certification roadmaps based on customer requirements and compliance requirements, and ensuring committed assessments are delivered on schedule.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
**For additional information or to send your resume directly, please email firstname.lastname@example.org