- Review application status
- Amazon Culture & benefits
- Job Categories
- English, British
Amazon Web Services is looking for an individual with experience applying machine learning to large scale data sets. We are looking for a candidate that would like to apply this expertise to implement core technology for GuardDuty (https://aws.amazon.com/guardduty/). If you are interested in researching, designing and implementing innovative solutions for never-before-solved problems, this will be an exciting opportunity.
The AWS Security Services team builds technologies that help customers strengthen their security posture and better meet security requirements in the AWS Cloud. The team interacts with security researchers to codify our own learnings and best practices and make them available for customers. We are building massively scalable and globally distributed security systems to power next generation services.
Amazon GuardDuty is a managed threat detection service that continuously monitors for malicious or unauthorized behavior to help you protect your AWS accounts and workloads. It monitors for activity such as unusual API calls or potentially unauthorized deployments that indicate a possible account compromise. GuardDuty also detects potentially compromised instances or reconnaissance by attackers.
· Rapidly design, prototype and test many possible hypotheses in a high-ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative and business judgment
· Collaborate with software engineering teams to integrate successful experiments into large scale, highly complex production services.
· Report results in a matter that is statistically rigorous
· Interact with Security Engineers and related domain experts to dive deep into the types of challenges that we need innovative solutions for
· 3+ years of programming skills with an object-oriented language
· 1+ years of experience with at least one of Apache Spark, Hadoop or Storm
· Masters in machine learning, statistics or a related quantitative field
· This role is Seattle based
· PhD in machine learning, statistics of a related quantitative field
· Ability to develop prototypes by manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from various sources.
· Eager to learn new algorithms, new application areas and new tools
· Excellent communication skills
· Desire and energy to work in a fast-paced environment
· Domain experience with threat detection techniques
· Track record of developing novel algorithms to help detect stealthy zero-day attacks
· 5+ years of relevant experience in industry
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.