- Review application status
- Amazon Culture & benefits
- Job Categories
- English, British
Each day, hundreds of thousands of developers make billions of transactions worldwide on our cloud. They harness the power of Amazon Web Services (AWS) to enable innovative applications, websites, and businesses. They store their critical data in our data centers. The AWS Data Center Security team owns the physical security for all of these global facilities that support AWS, including services like EC2, S3, and many others. Our team designs, engineers, and deploys leading edge physical security systems at massive scale. We build the tools that control access and monitor activities in all AWS data centers worldwide. We dive deep into new physical security technologies such as new authentication hardware, video monitoring, video analytics, behavior pattern detection, and tools to analyze and audit human activities.
We also strongly own all of these systems and maintain the highest level of readiness that is required for physical security systems. Therefore, we invest in automation and scripting of routine tasks. We also maintain a DevOps ownership approach that expects us maintain the systems that we deploy, and so we answer the call when these systems need support. But, we build a high-degree of fault tolerance and monitoring into everything that we touch to allow us to support thousands of systems with minimal effort.
If you are passionate about engineering and deploying large-scale automated systems and have a desire to build and improve upon one of the largest data center security systems in the world, then come join our team.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· 3-5 years experience with at least one scripting language (PowerShell, Ruby, Python, Bash)
· 3-5 years experience with a relational database system (Sql Server, MySql, Postgresql)
· Experience with SQL scripts and database administration
· 5+ years experience managing and deploying Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2
· U.S. citizens ONLY due to government or federal requirement.
· Experience working in a mixed Windows and Linux environment
· Experience with Amazon Web Services
· Experience with access control/intrusion detection systems (Lenel OnGuard, S2, C-Cure, etc.)
· Experience with systems management and monitoring software (home-grown or commercially available)