Do you want to build a business from the ground up? If yes, you should consider Amazon Private Brands. The Private Brands team is rapidly expanding and is looking for an exceptional product leader to grow the business. As we explore different business models, we need a seasoned leader who can help build a new program to rapidly expand our selection. The leader needs to have strong judgment and the ability to hold high standards.
You will lead the strategy and execution for a new program. In your role, you will be expected to challenge the status quo in the name of delivering step change improvements to the customer experience, in a setting where speed is critical. The target opportunity is massive, but also ambiguous and unconventional so you will be leading colleagues to simplify and prioritize to maximize growth. You will also think about developing products globally by adapting and scaling processes across a range of geographies.
Ideal candidates will include those with a strong customer focus, a product management and analytical background, and a track record for developing a vision, defining a strategy and building programs and/or products from the ground up. The candidate must be able to influence across multiple company stakeholders, be an exceptionally strong communicator and analytical thinker and have a history of delivering results. He/she must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytic talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
· Bachelor’s degree required,
· 10+ years of experience operating, managing, and delivering results in a retail business, product management or product development
· Demonstrated ability to understand and manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
· Demonstrated experience building teams including hiring, promotion, and performance management
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically, innovatively and creatively using sound business judgment and quantitative skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner, with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
· MBA preferred
· A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
· Ability to deal with ambiguity and manage changing priorities
· Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
· A passion for customer experience combined with business curiosity and a strategic viewpoint.
· Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, and good business judgment.
· Bias for action, and experience making things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment