The AWS early stage startup team works directly with many of the top startups in the world. You will spend your days interfacing with global startup organization leadership teams, working with early stage startup founders, and navigating cross-AWS and Amazon to enable startups to realize outsized success. The team’s comprised of a rare group of high-caliber founders, working within Amazon to drive AWS strategy and support the next generation of startup entrepreneurs.
You might never have thought of working at AWS – but this is a unique role to work for one of the fastest growing startups of all time (AWS, believe it or not) while being plugged into the center of the startup ecosystem. We’re hiring for roles across the US and seeking team members who have founded companies, and who get excited about working with and mentoring early stage startup founders day-in and day-out.
If this role sounds interesting, read on:
Candidates must have a background as a startup founder or investor, where they’ve built a business, likely raised capital, and experienced the arc of business-building from nothing to something.
Candidates will posses both a business and technical background – a business background to enable the candidate to drive engagement with leading startup accelerators, and technical exposure to enable the candidate to easily interact with startup founders, engineers, and builders.
Top candidates will have worked in a structured and rigorous environment, whether in a corporate culture (e.g. Amazon, Google, Facebook), later-stage startup environment (e.g. reporting to a Board of Directors), investment banking, and/or consulting. The candidate must have demonstrated the ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, convey compelling data-driven decisions, and work collaboratively to build consensus.
A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must, as is the ability to leverage and motivate Amazon and AWS’ global organization to achieve results.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping drive overall AWS market and technical strategy.
· Work closely with startup organizations and portfolio companies to ensure they are successful using the AWS platform, by providing technical resources and business mentorship.
· Execute strategic initiatives for AWS, while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, partners, marketing, support, etc.).
· Understand and actively utilize salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems, to manage reporting, tracking, and goal attainment for the early stage startup team.
· Build new programs to support early startups, on behalf of AWS and Amazon.
· Prepare and deliver data-driven reviews to the senior management about progress, achievements, and roadblocks in the early stage startup business.
· Serve as the primary eyes and ears for AWS and Amazon to the startup community.
· Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
· Some relevant technical knowledge required, such as: fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, database systems, core distributed computing concepts, content delivery networks (CDNs), artificial intelligence / machine learning, etc. with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied AWS services.
· Some travel required.
· 5+ Years of experience and knowledge within the startup ecosystem in an operator role or as an advisor and/or investor
· 5+ years of business development or program / product management experience in an Enterprise, SMB, or startup
· Experience as a startup founder or investor
· Knowledge of and familiarity within the startup ecosystem
· Advanced experience with data focused tools
· MBA or graduate degree
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for San Francisco.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
· Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.