Amazon Web Services (AWS) seeks a creative, self-motivated, high-judgment, well-connected and experienced public relations professional to drive communications programs for its growing services portfolio. The right candidate possesses extensive media relations experience, is an expert at translating complex technology concepts into broadly digestible stories, has experience with business critical communications, and can exercise high-judgment while acting quickly.
The AWS PR Manager partners with AWS service, business, and marketing teams to develop and execute messaging, PR strategy, and innovative communications tactics. The ideal candidate enjoys diving deep into technology and is motivated by a dynamic, highly creative culture where the challenge of breaking new ground and redefining best practices is welcome. In this role, the candidate will have an opportunity to innovate new and interesting communications and influencer relations strategies. The candidate must be comfortable working sensitive issues and communicating with the media on issues that can impact AWS’s reputation.
Since 2006, AWS has changed the way that companies acquire and use technology by providing a highly-scalable, cost-effective, and flexible technology platform in the cloud. AWS is growing rapidly in the U.S. and around the world with customers ranging from startups to Fortune 500 corporations.
This role will be based in Seattle and require periodic travel.
There are hundreds of journalists worldwide who are trying to understand and help their readers understand the new paradigm of cloud computing.
To help achieve this, the AWS PR Manager will:
· Define, develop, and oversee end-to-end execution of a business critical communications program
· Ensure factually accurate representation of AWS services in the press
· Manage sensitive reputational issues with internal stakeholders and member of the media
· Protect sensitive competitive, technical, business confidential information
· Develop and strengthen relationships with key journalists, bloggers, and evaluators in technology trade and business press.
· Regularly interact with senior leadership to influence strategy and negotiate decisions in relation to service issues, announcements, and messaging.
· Work cross-functionally to plan and execute PR campaigns
· Manage complex, fast-moving, and unexpected communications challenges with high judgment and professionalism.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 7 - 10 years of public relations experience
· Business-to-business technology PR experience required
· Current experience managing media relationships, and a network of media contacts
· Experience delivering press tours, events and product reviews programs
· Experience with business critical communications
· Proven experience with business critical communications and issues management
· A track record of successfully representing high-profile enterprise Information Technology products
· Outstanding attention to detail, understanding of technology, and ability to communicate complex topics effectively
· Excellent writing skills
· Thrives in a collaborative environment and is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
· Creativity and bias for action
· Strong judgment and the ability to respond quickly, yet thoughtfully, to urgent PR matters
· A knack for diplomacy and the confidence to engage and build consensus with functional leaders at all levels