Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
Did you know that the concept of musical copyright had its beginnings in the reign of King Henry VIII of England? To produce a new source of revenue, he required copies of all printed matter, including sheet music, to be sent to him and offered protection to printers in the form of licenses.
Fast forward to today, where the music copyright landscape is incredibly complex, and has very different rules depending on which geography you are in and how you consume that music.
The Amazon Music Royalties team is responsible for making sure that artists are paid royalties, on time, and accurately for their songs. We work closely with our licensing, legal, finance, and accounting teams to ensure that we are making this happen. We build the automated calculators, tools, and workflows to ensure this happens.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to lead quality efforts, including; defining the test strategy, technologies, and frameworks used, and implementing said testing. If you're passionate about automation and continually raising the quality bar of our product, then we want to talk to you. Join our team and help ensure a quality experience for our customers.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 3+ years experience in Data Engineering
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
· Experience releasing highly scalable enterprise products full lifecycle
· Experience with implementing algorithms to solve complex real world problems
· M.S. degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics or a similar quantitative field
· Experience with Redshift or another columnar store DW
· Experience with cloud solutions / AWS
· Experience building reports and/or data visualization
· Experience with Hadoop/MapReduce/AWS/EMR
· Experience working with predictive analytics/decision models/data mining libraries as well as the tools for developing such
· Experience building or administering reporting/analytics platforms
· Experience building flexible data APIs that consumers use to power other parts of the business
· Experience with scalable service architecture and design
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.